Exotic Rescue Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Exotic Rescue Forum

Run By Reptile Rescuers - For Reptile Lovers!

HomeHome  Portal*  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Reptile Rescue DenReptile Rescue Den  

Religious snake handlers

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Snakes Incorporated
Snakes Incorporated

Number of posts : 572
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Religious snake handlers Empty
PostSubject: Religious snake handlers   Religious snake handlers EmptySun Jul 13, 2008 1:12 pm

Religious snake handlers

What is your opinion regards Ceremonial practices of Religious snake handlers by a small number of US Christian churches.

Back to top Go down
Reptile Rescue Den
Admin
Admin
Reptile Rescue Den

Number of posts : 2711
Registration date : 2007-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Religious snake handlers   Religious snake handlers EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 12:14 am

All religion sucks in my opinion, sorry if that offends anyone, but in July 2005 I prayed and prayed like never before and still it didn't work. As for snakes being used in 'churches' as a means of a ceremonial purposes stinks! Why the hell should they stress the poor snake out because of their stupid beliefs.
Back to top Go down
http://www.reptilerescueden.co.uk
Snakes Incorporated
Snakes Incorporated

PostSubject: Re: Religious snake handlers   Religious snake handlers EmptyThu Jul 17, 2008 12:02 am

Religious snake handlers PhotographbyBillSnead
Back to top Go down
Reptile Rescue Den
Admin
Admin
Reptile Rescue Den

PostSubject: Re: Religious snake handlers   Religious snake handlers EmptyThu Jul 17, 2008 12:15 am

Just one word for that guy.... Weirdo!!!!
I mean come on who the hell does he think he impresses a God? The parishioners (if thats the right word)?
I am sure I read a while ago an article where some freaky preacher had been bitten by snake and died! Did he think his od would keep him safe? Sorry just the 'God' business is just a crap subject I am not fond of, as I am sure you have realised.

Can someone explain to me just why they use snakes in ceremonial practises? I could google it but can't be bothered because just writing this is making me agitated!!!
Back to top Go down
Snakes Incorporated
Snakes Incorporated

PostSubject: Re: Religious snake handlers   Religious snake handlers EmptyThu Jul 17, 2008 12:29 am

I am in no doubt that all life was a created. I am a Christian and have faith in my beliefs and try practice consideration and live and let live.

I have no problem in treating people the way I would like to be treated and so on. I have respect for others and their beliefs as long as this belief is not something that can be considered as negative to other life forms around them.
Back to top Go down
Reptile Rescue Den
Admin
Admin
Reptile Rescue Den

PostSubject: Re: Religious snake handlers   Religious snake handlers EmptyThu Jul 17, 2008 12:34 am

Yes I understand that but, why do they use snakes in ceremonial practises?
Back to top Go down
Snakes Incorporated
Snakes Incorporated

PostSubject: Re: Religious snake handlers   Religious snake handlers EmptyThu Jul 17, 2008 12:51 am

This group take a particular scripture literally.

Mark 16:17-18

Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.

The think here is that one cannot base ones entire belief on one scripture as the bible is in harmony. If it were to be taken is such a literal form there would be backup scriptures but alas to that.

This particular scripture if not being looked at in context of what was being said before and after. This scripture refures to the future as in after “judgement day.”
The same as when Adam and Eve walked the earth nothing harmed them and so will it be in the end of this system of things.
Back to top Go down
Reptile Rescue Den
Admin
Admin
Reptile Rescue Den

PostSubject: Re: Religious snake handlers   Religious snake handlers EmptyThu Jul 17, 2008 2:25 am

Ok I get you........... but we are back to the same old same old aren't we about the Bible etc. A book of folk law and what is known as 'chinese whispers'! Sorry but I feel I will depart from this debate before I piss someone off BIG time and be struck down by lightning or get bitten by Freaky Deaky and suffer a bad reaction and die for my sins. lol!

Sorry if I have offended anyones beliefs as it's not intended, just giving my thoughts on such a debate.
Back to top Go down
Snakes Incorporated
Snakes Incorporated

PostSubject: Re: Religious snake handlers   Religious snake handlers EmptyThu Jul 17, 2008 8:39 am

We can debate religion and its beliefs on another thread but that is a very diverse subject and open to interpretation.
It usually does not end and creates animosity so don’t thing it a good topic.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Religious snake handlers   Religious snake handlers Empty

Back to top Go down

Religious snake handlers
Page 1 of 1