Exotic Rescue Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Exotic Rescue Forum

Run By Reptile Rescuers - For Reptile Lovers!

HomeHome  Portal*  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Reptile Rescue DenReptile Rescue Den  

Friday News & World Report

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
caimanhunter
caimanhunter

Number of posts : 1036
Registration date : 2008-01-02

Friday News & World Report Empty
PostSubject: Friday News & World Report   Friday News & World Report EmptyWed Jul 16, 2008 11:24 am

Thrall FD, Wilco Deputy, Wilco Animal Control, Texas Wildlife, Texas Game Warden, who else can they call? Ring, ring. "Hi. This is Thrall PD. Can you come out...?"

Well we found the last caiman. It's in a tank behind the across-the-road neighbor's house. I went. It was. But a tank in Texas is different than a tank in New York. I'm looking for a little troth that we can dump the water out of, turn sideways and grab the darn animal.

Not so much.

A "tank" in Texas is a frackin lake. Eight feet deep on the end. Five feet in the middle. 150 feet long and 50 across the center, if it's a foot. Moss and sludge and mud and muck at every edge. Ivy and sumac and oak everywhere, some of it not so benign. Snake rescuers and firemen and cops and me and my two younger boys, all for naught.

Finally, I set a live trap out and baited it with fajita meat. Maybe the caiman will turn out to be Central American?

If that don't get it in a day or two we'll have to take a john boat (another term I was unfamiliar with until today) out in the tank at night and eye shine her; and go from there. The good news is that the neighbor's biggest problem is not the caiman attacking her pets, it's the seven water moccasins we counted while we were sliding in the sludge.

So we head over to get a drink and go back to the property, and FoxNews7 calls and wants to take a look. And while they're there interviewing and taping, up comes the Game Warden. Out walks Officer Turk and he says, "Hi. We met about four years ago in Leander....."

I can go home and eat; relax in front of the TV; and get to bed early tonight.
Back to top Go down
http://www.caimanhunter.com
Bogga
Yearling
Yearling

Number of posts : 290
Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Friday News & World Report   Friday News & World Report EmptyWed Jul 16, 2008 3:16 pm

Wel done! so your neighbours have something more dangerous than Caimans to worry about huh! and you know they gonna call you to remove it hey.
Back to top Go down
caimanhunter
caimanhunter

PostSubject: Re: Friday News & World Report   Friday News & World Report EmptyWed Jul 16, 2008 4:17 pm

We also have a Texas rat snake. Completely harmless. Not venomous. Tiny mouth. Tiny teeth.

It thinks it's a rattle snake, though.

When you get anywhere near it, it lifts its tale and starts shaking it and strikes out consistently for quite some time, until the threat is gone. I've removed a few from a different neighbor's house. At first you think, "Wow, a baby rattler" and then you look closely and realize, "Dam, fooled again!"

If I get a call from any of them and it turns out to be a Texas rat snake, I *AM* going to have some fun with the situation.

Mrs. CaimanHunter told me I shouldn't, but sometimes, you just gotta do what you gotta do.

Texas Rat Snake
Friday News & World Report TxRatsnake01

Texas Rattle Snake
Friday News & World Report Atrox
Back to top Go down
Bogga
Yearling
Yearling

PostSubject: Re: Friday News & World Report   Friday News & World Report EmptyWed Jul 16, 2008 4:20 pm

LOL! ja, but the Texas rat snake is much slimmer huh? and get longer, when full grown.
Back to top Go down
caimanhunter
caimanhunter

PostSubject: Re: Friday News & World Report   Friday News & World Report EmptyWed Jul 16, 2008 4:24 pm

Standing on a stool in your kitchen screaming to call the caiman hunter because you don't know one from another and are scared out of your wits?

No, at that time they look *EXACTLY* alike!
Back to top Go down
Bogga
Yearling
Yearling

PostSubject: Re: Friday News & World Report   Friday News & World Report EmptyWed Jul 16, 2008 4:34 pm

caimanhunter wrote:
Standing on a stool in your kitchen screaming to call the caiman hunter because you don't know one from another and are scared out of your wits?

No, at that time they look *EXACTLY* alike!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAH!! Friday News & World Report 232476 that is FUNNY!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Friday News & World Report   Friday News & World Report Empty

Back to top Go down

Friday News & World Report
Page 1 of 1