Exotic Rescue Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Exotic Rescue Forum

Run By Reptile Rescuers - For Reptile Lovers!

HomeHome  Portal*  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Reptile Rescue DenReptile Rescue Den  

One VERY happy Tony

Go down 
+4
Henry-flash
tilly790
Reptile Rescue Den
boabloketony
8 posters
AuthorMessage
boabloketony
boabloketony

Number of posts : 965
Registration date : 2007-12-30

One VERY happy Tony Empty
PostSubject: One VERY happy Tony   One VERY happy Tony EmptySun Dec 30, 2007 11:02 pm

I am so happy, let me explain ...

I had an eggbound corn many many months ago that suvived but it was a terrible ordeal for her and I thought she was going to die.

Well; from her clutch only 4 eggs were fertile, from those eggs were 3 amels and a snow. 2 of the amels and the snow ate straight away and went to new homes.

One little amel would not feed, he/she hatched on the 10th September and refused the first few feeds, it was very very tiny, like no other corn I've ever seen, it'd had a bad shed and was so thin. I thought I'd lose her. Well I managed to get her eating brained pinkie heads, if I offered a full pinkie she'd try and eat it but it would be too large for her and she'd split it back out. After a few pinkie head feeds, I moved her up to 2 pinkie heads (still trying pinkies inbetween but she'd always spit it back out) well I have just fed her and thought that I'd try a pinkie again having 2 pinkie heads on standby as I thought she'd refuse again. SHE ATE THE WHOLE PINKIE !!! I cannot describe how small she is and I don't want to stress her out by taking pictures but to give you an idea on size, she's nearly 4 months old and can only just take a pinkie (the pinkie lump is showing clearly in her belly) She can sit in a normal pop bottle top (her water bowl) without popping out of the top !!!

I'm just so glad that the work's paid off I honestly am !!! I decided to keep her a while ago, I wanted one holdback as the mother struggled so much to lay, to make it worthwhile sort of.

I am soooooooo happy folks !!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Reptile Rescue Den
Admin
Admin
Reptile Rescue Den

Number of posts : 2711
Registration date : 2007-12-24

PostSubject: Re: One VERY happy Tony   One VERY happy Tony EmptySun Dec 30, 2007 11:29 pm

Awe nice one Tony, thats brilliant! alien
Back to top Go down
http://www.reptilerescueden.co.uk
boabloketony
boabloketony

PostSubject: Re: One VERY happy Tony   One VERY happy Tony EmptySun Dec 30, 2007 11:30 pm

I bet you've lost track of the amount of animals you've saved Very Happy

I'm helping slowly lol
Back to top Go down
tilly790
Posting Python
Posting Python

Number of posts : 1295
Registration date : 2007-12-27

PostSubject: Re: One VERY happy Tony   One VERY happy Tony EmptyMon Dec 31, 2007 12:56 pm

Oh poor lil thing glad she is coming on..
Back to top Go down
boabloketony
boabloketony

PostSubject: Re: One VERY happy Tony   One VERY happy Tony EmptyMon Dec 31, 2007 6:13 pm

Thanks Tilly Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Henry-flash
Egg
Egg
Henry-flash

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2007-12-26

PostSubject: Re: One VERY happy Tony   One VERY happy Tony EmptyMon Dec 31, 2007 9:01 pm

Thats fantasitc news, it makes it all worth while when your animals start responding to your care. I have had numerous feeding battles with torts, I know how stressful it can get when they just won't eat.
Back to top Go down
boabloketony
boabloketony

PostSubject: Re: One VERY happy Tony   One VERY happy Tony EmptyMon Dec 31, 2007 9:03 pm

Thank you Henry-flash Very Happy
Back to top Go down
john1979
Egg
Egg
john1979

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2007-12-29

PostSubject: Re: One VERY happy Tony   One VERY happy Tony EmptyWed Jan 02, 2008 4:07 am

Excellent result, it is a rareity for a corn that small to pull though and keep going off just pinkie head(s) to get to where a whole pinkie can be taken.

Sounds like you've got a fighter on your hands with this little 1 who doesn't want to give up, well done for keeping going and persvering where a lot of others would have given up.

Fingers crossed for the next feed, hopefully another whole pinkie, but i would keep a couple of heads defrosted when feeding just in case (don't want to put a dampener on it, but going off a past experiance with a close friends snake, better safe with a backup plan for the next 2-3 feeds thats all).
Back to top Go down
http://john1979.proboards43.com/index.cgi
boabloketony
boabloketony

PostSubject: Re: One VERY happy Tony   One VERY happy Tony EmptyWed Jan 02, 2008 4:10 am

Thanks alot John,

I understand about keeping some heads handy, that's not a problem. I kept checking in on her yesterday and today to check to see whether I have a regurge to clean up but nope (touch wood) not yet, she's kept it down !!!

Thanks again Very Happy
Back to top Go down
john1979
Egg
Egg
john1979

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2007-12-29

PostSubject: Re: One VERY happy Tony   One VERY happy Tony EmptyWed Jan 02, 2008 4:21 am

Nice 1 Very Happy

Things really are looking good then for the next feed, more so if she hasn't regurged after tommorow as thats when most occur (the first 72 hours), i'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you and the little 1.
Back to top Go down
http://john1979.proboards43.com/index.cgi
boabloketony
boabloketony

PostSubject: Re: One VERY happy Tony   One VERY happy Tony EmptyWed Jan 02, 2008 4:22 am

Cheers buddy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
roth
Hatchling
Hatchling
roth

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2008-01-05

PostSubject: Re: One VERY happy Tony   One VERY happy Tony EmptyMon Jan 07, 2008 4:31 am

Well done Ketchup is a stunner! you did work hard with her though(I say her). How many times did you keep trying different sized heads etc? So well done! king
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/boaboy290984
Bogga
Yearling
Yearling

Number of posts : 290
Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: One VERY happy Tony   One VERY happy Tony EmptyMon Jan 07, 2008 8:28 am

great one Tony, all of the best!!
Back to top Go down
boabloketony
boabloketony

PostSubject: Re: One VERY happy Tony   One VERY happy Tony EmptyMon Jan 07, 2008 4:01 pm

Thanks guys Very Happy
Back to top Go down
boabloketony
boabloketony

PostSubject: Re: One VERY happy Tony   One VERY happy Tony EmptyWed Jan 09, 2008 3:44 am

I forgot to say ... she ate another whole pinkie a few days ago Very Happy I'm so proud of her !!!
Back to top Go down
Bogga
Yearling
Yearling

Number of posts : 290

PostSubject: Re: One VERY happy Tony   One VERY happy Tony EmptyWed Jan 09, 2008 9:38 am

Well done Tony I just fetched my hatchlings (9 in total) from my friends place, so now I need to get them to eat over the next few days, hopefully they will not have any eating issues!
Back to top Go down
Reptile Rescue Den
Admin
Admin
Reptile Rescue Den

PostSubject: Re: One VERY happy Tony   One VERY happy Tony EmptyWed Jan 09, 2008 12:10 pm

PICS! PICS! NOW! lol!

Good luck with them all love.
Back to top Go down
Sabra
Yearling
Yearling
Sabra

Number of posts : 265

PostSubject: Re: One VERY happy Tony   One VERY happy Tony EmptyWed Jan 09, 2008 10:24 pm

yey! lets hope she goes from strength to strength. any pics of the little munchkin?
Back to top Go down
boabloketony
boabloketony

PostSubject: Re: One VERY happy Tony   One VERY happy Tony EmptyWed Jan 09, 2008 10:26 pm

Thanks, I'll take some pictures soon Very Happy
Back to top Go down
boabloketony
boabloketony

PostSubject: Re: One VERY happy Tony   One VERY happy Tony EmptyFri Feb 08, 2008 10:45 pm

I've just taken some pictures for you all so dug this thread out of the archives again he/she's readily taking 2 pinkies now and is growing so well ...

One VERY happy Tony Ketchup1

He/she is a feisty little bugger though !!!

One VERY happy Tony Ketchup2
Back to top Go down
Reptile Rescue Den
Admin
Admin
Reptile Rescue Den

PostSubject: Re: One VERY happy Tony   One VERY happy Tony EmptySat Feb 09, 2008 9:28 pm

Awe bless.. just look how tiny they are compared to the 50 pence coin! Sweet! One VERY happy Tony 748883
Back to top Go down
boabloketony
boabloketony

PostSubject: Re: One VERY happy Tony   One VERY happy Tony EmptySat Feb 09, 2008 10:08 pm

hehe yep and she's 5 months old, called her Ketchup !!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: One VERY happy Tony   One VERY happy Tony Empty

Back to top Go down

One VERY happy Tony
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Exotic Rescue Forum :: General Help & Chat :: Snakes-
Jump to: