Exotic Rescue Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Exotic Rescue Forum

Run By Reptile Rescuers - For Reptile Lovers!

HomeHome  Portal*  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Reptile Rescue DenReptile Rescue Den  

BCI x Dumerils Boa

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
boabloketony
boabloketony

Number of posts : 965
Registration date : 2007-12-30

BCI x Dumerils Boa Empty
PostSubject: BCI x Dumerils Boa   BCI x Dumerils Boa EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 11:55 pm

I'm sitting back, admiring my collection and wondered whether anybody has ever crossed a BCI with a Dumerils Boa?

I'm not going to do it, apart from the fact that I promised the original owner of my Dum that I would never breed from her due to her small size; I wouldn't want to dilute either species any more than they already have been.

I just wondered what a cross would look like and whether it has ever been done?
Back to top Go down
Snakes Incorporated
Snakes Incorporated

Number of posts : 572
Registration date : 2007-12-28

BCI x Dumerils Boa Empty
PostSubject: Re: BCI x Dumerils Boa   BCI x Dumerils Boa EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 12:14 am

Cross breeding anything is a very bad thing in my book. You may not like my opinion on this subject as I am a purest.
Back to top Go down
boabloketony
boabloketony

Number of posts : 965
Registration date : 2007-12-30

BCI x Dumerils Boa Empty
PostSubject: Re: BCI x Dumerils Boa   BCI x Dumerils Boa EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 12:28 am

Yeah not quite what I asked ... I wondered whether it is biologically possible as I have never seen one. I know it shouldn't be done; complications with CITES paperwork for a start.
Back to top Go down
Snakes Incorporated
Snakes Incorporated

Number of posts : 572
Registration date : 2007-12-28

BCI x Dumerils Boa Empty
PostSubject: Re: BCI x Dumerils Boa   BCI x Dumerils Boa EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 1:09 am

boabloketony wrote:
Yeah not quite what I asked ...
I am aware what you where requesting. Which ever way you want to consider your request the verdict boils down to ethics first and foremost. No matter the successfulness of the attempt. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Reptile Rescue Den
Admin
Admin
Reptile Rescue Den

Number of posts : 2711
Registration date : 2007-12-24

BCI x Dumerils Boa Empty
PostSubject: Re: BCI x Dumerils Boa   BCI x Dumerils Boa EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 10:46 am

Snakes Incorporated wrote:
boabloketony wrote:
Yeah not quite what I asked ...
I am aware what you where requesting. Which ever way you want to consider your request the verdict boils down to ethics first and foremost. No matter the successfulness of the attempt. Evil or Very Mad
Think you made you point Shaun, Tony is a very sensible reptile keeper I assure you.
Many breeders have cross bred with many species and this is how we have come about with all the morphs etc but it does make you wonder what a cross bred a dumerils boa with a bci things will look like if a 'breeder' ever did. You only have to look what is already available on the reptile market to make you wonder. Also we only have to look at the predigree dog situation we have and all their problems the dogs suffer from us meer humans messing around with cross breeding.
Back to top Go down
http://www.reptilerescueden.co.uk
Sponsored content

BCI x Dumerils Boa Empty
PostSubject: Re: BCI x Dumerils Boa   BCI x Dumerils Boa Empty

Back to top Go down

BCI x Dumerils Boa
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Exotic Rescue Forum :: General Help & Chat :: Snakes-
Jump to: