Exotic Rescue Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Exotic Rescue Forum

Run By Reptile Rescuers - For Reptile Lovers!

HomeHome  Portal*  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Reptile Rescue DenReptile Rescue Den  

Dwarf spiny tailed iguana

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
samantharuns
Egg
Egg

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-09-19

Dwarf spiny tailed iguana Empty
PostSubject: Dwarf spiny tailed iguana   Dwarf spiny tailed iguana EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 9:37 pm

We have adopted suds the above, we have a limited knowledge and just trying to collect all the info we can anyone else got one? he is also known as a balsas armed lizard or ctenosaura clarki.
Back to top Go down
crevalle
Egg
Egg

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2011-04-20

PostSubject: Re: Dwarf spiny tailed iguana   Dwarf spiny tailed iguana EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 11:50 pm

Any update on how the iguana is doing? I'd be interested in seeing some pictures it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.backwaterreptiles.com
samantharuns
Egg
Egg

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Dwarf spiny tailed iguana   Dwarf spiny tailed iguana EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 12:09 pm

Hi,
How great to be able to tell someone how Suds is getting on, he is actually a black iguana csentosaurus pectinata a Mexican spiny tailed iguana so the pet shop that sold him to the lad we had him off had identified him incorrectly we took him on as he was struggling to re home him. We didnt see alot of him for months and he ate very little but in january we moved him into a much larger vivarium and it has been the making of him he has grown and he is so agile from day one he climbed straight to the top of a 4ft viv prior to that his viv height was 18inches. He leaps around like one of those flying monkeys and is always trying to high 5 his light, his diet is still a bit rubbish its been nigh on impossible to get exact info on him as due to the anti social attitude of spinies and speed ( apparantely fastest lizard you can get) they not popular and think they are on the endangered list now due to habitat being destroyed also it said usually wild caught Sad I will see if i can get a pic posted not computer savvy im afraid also suds freaks at the camera usually but I will give it a go, thanks for your interest in him, a year on and I still am truly fascinated by his antics. Quick description of him black and yellow stripes spiny stripey tail and a spikey comb runs down his back also stripey, he is about 30inches inclusive of his wicked tail he eates morrisons four leaf salad watercress and strawberries, nothing else really.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dwarf spiny tailed iguana   Dwarf spiny tailed iguana Empty

Back to top Go down

Dwarf spiny tailed iguana
Page 1 of 1