Exotic Rescue Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Exotic Rescue Forum

Run By Reptile Rescuers - For Reptile Lovers!

HomeHome  Portal*  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Reptile Rescue DenReptile Rescue Den  

Been bitten? What snake gave you the worst bite?

Go down 
+6
Bogga
tilly790
Snakes Incorporated
john1979
Reptile Rescue Den
boabloketony
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Reptile Rescue Den
Admin
Admin
Reptile Rescue Den

Number of posts : 2711
Registration date : 2007-12-24

Been bitten? What snake gave you the worst bite? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Been bitten? What snake gave you the worst bite?   Been bitten? What snake gave you the worst bite? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 06, 2008 4:44 am

Getting a bite to the eye is truely aweful. You are so lucky no to lose your sight.
Back to top Go down
http://www.reptilerescueden.co.uk
roth
Hatchling
Hatchling
roth

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2008-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Been bitten? What snake gave you the worst bite?   Been bitten? What snake gave you the worst bite? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 07, 2008 4:09 am

Oh I feel like such a fraud! I've never been biten by a snake! Although I am proud of this fact and intend to keep it that way! ( I feel that I should tell you though that I will only hold the most docile of Tony's collection though!!)
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/boaboy290984
Bogga
Yearling
Yearling

Number of posts : 290
Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Been bitten? What snake gave you the worst bite?   Been bitten? What snake gave you the worst bite? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 07, 2008 8:16 am

Well Ive been bit by My Tai Rat, and a he got blood, and Nina my Corn snake. I dont like snakes putting holes in me, so Im weary of the sharp end Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Reptile Rescue Den
Admin
Admin
Reptile Rescue Den

PostSubject: Re: Been bitten? What snake gave you the worst bite?   Been bitten? What snake gave you the worst bite? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 07, 2008 11:31 am

lol!
Back to top Go down
Snakes Incorporated
Snakes Incorporated

Number of posts : 572
Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Been bitten? What snake gave you the worst bite?   Been bitten? What snake gave you the worst bite? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 07, 2008 11:39 am

Ouch

Been bitten? What snake gave you the worst bite? - Page 2 3233
Back to top Go down
Reptile Rescue Den
Admin
Admin
Reptile Rescue Den

PostSubject: Re: Been bitten? What snake gave you the worst bite?   Been bitten? What snake gave you the worst bite? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 07, 2008 12:18 pm

Just look at that bite radius. affraid
Back to top Go down
Sabra
Yearling
Yearling
Sabra

Number of posts : 265

PostSubject: Re: Been bitten? What snake gave you the worst bite?   Been bitten? What snake gave you the worst bite? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 07, 2008 3:40 pm

that was pretty much like mine but she got me higher up so the top teeth hit my hair line and the bottom teeth were down the left side of my nose and up the middle of my eye!
I must admit I was impressed by her as her strike was faster than my blink reflex!
Sarah
Back to top Go down
Reptile Rescue Den
Admin
Admin
Reptile Rescue Den

PostSubject: Re: Been bitten? What snake gave you the worst bite?   Been bitten? What snake gave you the worst bite? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 07, 2008 4:21 pm

When I saw the pic I thought of what you had written previously Sarah.
Back to top Go down
Luton Reptile Rescue
Egg
Egg

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-01-09

PostSubject: Re: Been bitten? What snake gave you the worst bite?   Been bitten? What snake gave you the worst bite? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2008 10:41 pm

My most painful bite was an adder but that was mainly the after affects. most painful bite at the time was probably a huge rescue borneo blood we had in a few years ago, felt like a rally car with snow tires parked on my hand.
Back to top Go down
Sabra
Yearling
Yearling
Sabra

Number of posts : 265

PostSubject: Re: Been bitten? What snake gave you the worst bite?   Been bitten? What snake gave you the worst bite? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2008 10:44 pm

ouchy!
Back to top Go down
boabloketony
boabloketony

Number of posts : 965
Registration date : 2007-12-30

PostSubject: Re: Been bitten? What snake gave you the worst bite?   Been bitten? What snake gave you the worst bite? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2008 10:56 pm

Luton Reptile Rescue wrote:
My most painful bite was an adder but that was mainly the after affects. most painful bite at the time was probably a huge rescue borneo blood we had in a few years ago, felt like a rally car with snow tires parked on my hand.

I hope you don't mind me asking, what were the symptoms from the Adder bite, did you need medical attention?
Back to top Go down
Snakes Incorporated
Snakes Incorporated

Number of posts : 572
Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Been bitten? What snake gave you the worst bite?   Been bitten? What snake gave you the worst bite? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 10, 2008 12:22 am

Luton Reptile Rescue wrote:
My most painful bite was an adder ...

Which adder? Was it the common European adder (Vipera berus)?
Back to top Go down
Luton Reptile Rescue
Egg
Egg

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-01-09

PostSubject: Re: Been bitten? What snake gave you the worst bite?   Been bitten? What snake gave you the worst bite? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 10, 2008 2:39 pm

It was indeed Vipera berus. i stood on it accidentally and got a nip. initially i just had a bit of local hypersensitivity. i didn't seek medical attention. this happened on a saturday around 1pm. by 8am the next day my lower right leg was so swollen and painful i couldn't stand up. spent the week in bed. felt ok apart from the leg pain. it bruised quite badly, i may have some pics somewhere. anyway the following friday so 6 days later i had a bit of an attack and couldn't breathe properly. whether this was related to the bite i couldnt say but i dont usually have respiratory problems of any sort other than the usual stuff associated with being a smoker.
Back to top Go down
boabloketony
boabloketony

Number of posts : 965
Registration date : 2007-12-30

PostSubject: Re: Been bitten? What snake gave you the worst bite?   Been bitten? What snake gave you the worst bite? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 10, 2008 2:44 pm

Wow, sounds nasty, I'm a wimp so would have dialed 999 Been bitten? What snake gave you the worst bite? - Page 2 294185

I'm tempted to call the emergency services when bitten by a corn snake LMAO
Back to top Go down
Reptile Rescue Den
Admin
Admin
Reptile Rescue Den

PostSubject: Re: Been bitten? What snake gave you the worst bite?   Been bitten? What snake gave you the worst bite? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 10, 2008 2:49 pm

boaboytony5 wrote:
Wow, sounds nasty, I'm a wimp so would have dialed 999 Been bitten? What snake gave you the worst bite? - Page 2 294185

I'm tempted to call the emergency services when bitten by a corn snake LMAO
lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
8x1
Egg
Egg

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2010-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Been bitten? What snake gave you the worst bite?   Been bitten? What snake gave you the worst bite? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 11:23 pm

Hi,
1st bite was from a territorial adult hog island boa, next lot of tags all from my columbian rainbow boa, damn thing gets me almost every time i go near her and its never just once!

Anyho, my worst has to be my 8' bci, a nice proper all 6 rows round my forearm! It turned funny when i added the coastal carpet in to the viv above.

Had some close calls with the carpet when feeding, massive feed response on it (her?) thank god for long tongs!!!
Back to top Go down
Reptile Rescue Den
Admin
Admin
Reptile Rescue Den

PostSubject: Re: Been bitten? What snake gave you the worst bite?   Been bitten? What snake gave you the worst bite? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 1:01 pm

8x1 wrote:
Hi,
1st bite was from a territorial adult hog island boa, next lot of tags all from my columbian rainbow boa, damn thing gets me almost every time i go near her and its never just once!

Anyho, my worst has to be my 8' bci, a nice proper all 6 rows round my forearm! It turned funny when i added the coastal carpet in to the viv above.

Had some close calls with the carpet when feeding, massive feed response on it (her?) thank god for long tongs!!!
Sounds like you have your hands full at feeding time lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Been bitten? What snake gave you the worst bite?   Been bitten? What snake gave you the worst bite? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Been bitten? What snake gave you the worst bite?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2