Exotic Rescue Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Exotic Rescue Forum

Run By Reptile Rescuers - For Reptile Lovers!

HomeHome  Portal*  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Reptile Rescue DenReptile Rescue Den  

BCI basking temperature?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
boabloketony
boabloketony

Number of posts : 965
Registration date : 2007-12-30

BCI basking temperature? Empty
PostSubject: BCI basking temperature?   BCI basking temperature? EmptySat Jan 12, 2008 4:20 am

There's alot of conflicting information out there, I'm keeping Vinnie at 88F (basking spot)

Some sites say don't go above 90F and one I just found says basking spot should be 95F

I'm confused, am I doing it right or should I increase his temps? scratch
Back to top Go down
Reptile Rescue Den
Admin
Admin
Reptile Rescue Den

Number of posts : 2711
Registration date : 2007-12-24

PostSubject: Re: BCI basking temperature?   BCI basking temperature? EmptySat Jan 12, 2008 5:00 am

Basking area shoud be between 90 - 95 degrees F BCI basking temperature? 3521
Back to top Go down
http://www.reptilerescueden.co.uk
Reptile Rescue Den
Admin
Admin
Reptile Rescue Den

PostSubject: Re: BCI basking temperature?   BCI basking temperature? EmptySat Jan 12, 2008 5:02 am

The ambient daytime air temperature throughout the enclosure must be maintained between 82-90 F (28-32 C), with a basking area kept at 90-95 F (32-35 C). At night, the ambient air temperature may be allowed to drop down no lower than 78-85 F (26-30 C).
Back to top Go down
boabloketony
boabloketony

PostSubject: Re: BCI basking temperature?   BCI basking temperature? EmptySat Jan 12, 2008 5:04 am

Thanks Denise, I feel silly asking but as I say there's loads of conflicting information on the net and it can be hard knowing which to believe. The majority I've found say 88-92. I'll up Vinnie's temperatures, he should be able to move into his new viv tomorrow, it's all set up and I'm just getting the temperatures right before he moves in. Right so 90-95, thank you Very Happy

Also my first time with a ceramic, it's quite scary how quick they heat up etc and it's easy to see how unguarded bulbs burn reptiles !!! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
grannykins
Egg
Egg

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-01-10

PostSubject: Re: BCI basking temperature?   BCI basking temperature? EmptySat Jan 12, 2008 9:20 pm

My baby bci's basking temp is about 95 (checked with digital and infra red ) and he is always right under it. Was wondering whether to turn it up a bit. The cool end is about 83. Surely it would be too hot if I turned it up. He doesnt even go under the hide at the top end, but prefers to be on top or just next to it. What do you think? ( He is my first bci)
Back to top Go down
boabloketony
boabloketony

PostSubject: Re: BCI basking temperature?   BCI basking temperature? EmptySat Jan 12, 2008 10:02 pm

I don't think I'd increase the temperatures to be honest, mine was 88F which is a bit cool but mine never stayed in the hot end that's why I never thought he was too cool, if he'd always have been at that end I'd have increased the temps but I assume yours is just 'hot stuff' I've not seen one site that says increase temps above 95F so I'd keep it at that matey personally. Don't want to cook him/her. Does he/she feel warm or cool when you touch him after he's been in the hot end?
Back to top Go down
grannykins
Egg
Egg

PostSubject: Re: BCI basking temperature?   BCI basking temperature? EmptySun Jan 13, 2008 12:29 am

Feels nice and warm. He doesnt explore much, but feeds well on one large mouse every 7 days, even when blue.
Back to top Go down
Reptile Rescue Den
Admin
Admin
Reptile Rescue Den

PostSubject: Re: BCI basking temperature?   BCI basking temperature? EmptySun Jan 13, 2008 12:31 am

I wouldn't increase temps either and warm, feeds well... sorted! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
grannykins
Egg
Egg

PostSubject: Re: BCI basking temperature?   BCI basking temperature? EmptySun Jan 13, 2008 12:49 am

Ok, I'll carry on as usual. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Reptile Rescue Den
Admin
Admin
Reptile Rescue Den

PostSubject: Re: BCI basking temperature?   BCI basking temperature? EmptySun Jan 13, 2008 12:58 am

My motto is if it isn't broke don't fix it lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BCI basking temperature?   BCI basking temperature? Empty

Back to top Go down

BCI basking temperature?
Page 1 of 1