Exotic Rescue Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Exotic Rescue Forum

Run By Reptile Rescuers - For Reptile Lovers!

HomeHome  Portal*  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Reptile Rescue DenReptile Rescue Den  

Which do you prefer snake wise?

Go down 
+16
cmullins
daredevil6968
asm1006
Xiorell
cold_blooded_lover
the fox
milly
ratsnake
Mr G
tilly790
Bogga
caimanhunter
Makarok
boabloketony
Sabra
Reptile Rescue Den
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Reptile Rescue Den
Admin
Admin
Reptile Rescue Den

Number of posts : 2711
Registration date : 2007-12-24

Which do you prefer snake wise? Empty
PostSubject: Which do you prefer snake wise?   Which do you prefer snake wise? EmptySun Jan 27, 2008 11:59 pm

Ok What is your all time most adorable, most wanted snake and why?
Back to top Go down
http://www.reptilerescueden.co.uk
Sabra
Yearling
Yearling
Sabra

Number of posts : 265
Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Which do you prefer snake wise?   Which do you prefer snake wise? EmptyMon Jan 28, 2008 2:08 am

BRB- just so beautiful.. but I got one now so woo!
other than that I would have to say a hairy bush viper! just so cute!
Back to top Go down
boabloketony
boabloketony

Number of posts : 965
Registration date : 2007-12-30

PostSubject: Re: Which do you prefer snake wise?   Which do you prefer snake wise? EmptyMon Jan 28, 2008 3:55 am

I can't chose between common boa, dumerils boa and burmese python ... I hope to own all 3 one day (already got Vinnie the common so a third of the way there Which do you prefer snake wise? 44900)
Back to top Go down
Makarok
Egg
Egg

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Which do you prefer snake wise?   Which do you prefer snake wise? EmptyMon Jan 28, 2008 11:14 am

Before I had any snakes it was a Corn, after a few years it was a Common Boa.
I now have both so now I'm a very happy puppy :)
Back to top Go down
Reptile Rescue Den
Admin
Admin
Reptile Rescue Den

PostSubject: Re: Which do you prefer snake wise?   Which do you prefer snake wise? EmptyMon Jan 28, 2008 12:34 pm

As I was growing up I always wanted a boa constrictor. I have many now LOL. I would really like an albino burmese or a green tree python. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
caimanhunter
caimanhunter

Number of posts : 1036
Registration date : 2008-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Which do you prefer snake wise?   Which do you prefer snake wise? EmptyMon Jan 28, 2008 1:49 pm

As long as my baby is healthy and has 10 fingers and toes.

Oh, wait. That's a different thread.
Back to top Go down
http://www.caimanhunter.com
Reptile Rescue Den
Admin
Admin
Reptile Rescue Den

PostSubject: Re: Which do you prefer snake wise?   Which do you prefer snake wise? EmptyMon Jan 28, 2008 2:05 pm

lol!
Back to top Go down
Bogga
Yearling
Yearling

Number of posts : 290

PostSubject: Re: Which do you prefer snake wise?   Which do you prefer snake wise? EmptyMon Jan 28, 2008 3:10 pm

There is not enough space here! Iv got so many wants and must haves its crazy!

But here goes, my all time favourite is the albino monacled Cobra, even a Suphan will do.
But short term dream is a banded Rinkhals. Which do you prefer snake wise? 191391
Back to top Go down
tilly790
Posting Python
Posting Python

Number of posts : 1295
Registration date : 2007-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Which do you prefer snake wise?   Which do you prefer snake wise? EmptyMon Jan 28, 2008 5:37 pm

A russian rat
Back to top Go down
Mr G
Egg
Egg

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Which do you prefer snake wise?   Which do you prefer snake wise? EmptyTue Jan 29, 2008 10:39 pm

Albino Green Mamba....Hehehehe,just joking.
Maybe a King Cobra?
Back to top Go down
ratsnake
Egg
Egg

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-01-09

PostSubject: Re: Which do you prefer snake wise?   Which do you prefer snake wise? EmptyWed Jan 30, 2008 11:04 am

Boelens Python easily the most stunning snake and brilliant temperment
Back to top Go down
milly
Hatchling
Hatchling

Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2008-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Which do you prefer snake wise?   Which do you prefer snake wise? EmptyWed Jan 30, 2008 10:35 pm

all time classic, royal python i just love them that and banana cali kings.
Back to top Go down
http://www.reptiles-r-us.moonfruit.com
the fox
Egg
Egg

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2008-01-01

PostSubject: Re: Which do you prefer snake wise?   Which do you prefer snake wise? EmptySat Feb 02, 2008 8:00 pm

I like corns, BRB and balls
Back to top Go down
Reptile Rescue Den
Admin
Admin
Reptile Rescue Den

PostSubject: Re: Which do you prefer snake wise?   Which do you prefer snake wise? EmptySat Feb 02, 2008 9:33 pm

the fox wrote:

What do you currently keep mate?
Back to top Go down
caimanhunter
caimanhunter

Number of posts : 1036
Registration date : 2008-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Which do you prefer snake wise?   Which do you prefer snake wise? EmptySun Feb 03, 2008 11:05 am

Reptile Rescue Den wrote:
the fox wrote:

I believe that's the guy in "Intros" that said he had a corn and a lot of feeder animals.

My favorite that I've had come through here is prolly the Hog Island. Over all, I'd say for the family, a Royal (Ball Python in the States)
Back to top Go down
http://www.caimanhunter.com
the fox
Egg
Egg

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2008-01-01

PostSubject: Re: Which do you prefer snake wise?   Which do you prefer snake wise? EmptySun Feb 03, 2008 1:34 pm

Well i don't really even have a corn, i have payed for one and its getting shipped to me but i don't have it yet.
Back to top Go down
Reptile Rescue Den
Admin
Admin
Reptile Rescue Den

PostSubject: Re: Which do you prefer snake wise?   Which do you prefer snake wise? EmptySun Feb 03, 2008 3:20 pm

[quote="caimanhunter"]
Reptile Rescue Den wrote:
the fox wrote:

I believe that's the guy in "Intros" that said he had a corn and a lot of feeder animals.
quote]
Which do you prefer snake wise? 802766 Which do you prefer snake wise? 78585
Back to top Go down
cold_blooded_lover
Hatchling
Hatchling
cold_blooded_lover

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2008-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Which do you prefer snake wise?   Which do you prefer snake wise? EmptyWed Mar 05, 2008 6:04 pm

Thats not a tough question 4 me Very Happy 1st would be a Green Tree Python as I think they are soooooooooo beautiful and i'm intrigue as I am with all tree snakes 2nd would be a hognose I love these cute little things and their behaviour is just fascinating Which do you prefer snake wise? 47336
Back to top Go down
Bogga
Yearling
Yearling

PostSubject: Re: Which do you prefer snake wise?   Which do you prefer snake wise? EmptyWed Mar 05, 2008 6:20 pm

Bogga wrote:
Rinkhals. Which do you prefer snake wise? 191391
Should be getting them anyday soon Which do you prefer snake wise? 44900
Back to top Go down
Reptile Rescue Den
Admin
Admin
Reptile Rescue Den

PostSubject: Re: Which do you prefer snake wise?   Which do you prefer snake wise? EmptyWed Mar 05, 2008 6:26 pm

Them? How many are you getting Bogga?
Back to top Go down
Bogga
Yearling
Yearling

PostSubject: Re: Which do you prefer snake wise?   Which do you prefer snake wise? EmptyThu Mar 06, 2008 8:41 am

Hi Denise, I ordered 2, the guys getting them onto pinks, the permits are the hold up, he said he wanted to send them this week. Why I like these snakes so much is because they are indigenous, and they use to occur in some areas around the peninsula. There are many that thinks they have been wiped out in the peninsula, but Ive seen a guy which showed me a pic of an awsome banded Rinkhals he took in Gordons Bay last year, he was totally unaware of how scarce they really are, and this really got me excited. The colony that once existed around the Milnerton area has been completey wiped out it seems, nobody has reported a Rinkhals there in many years. Sad

It seems as if theres a Colony around the Bettys Bay area, which concerns me as they are developing that area at an alarming rate, and there has been many veld fires as well, not too mention that for a very venomous snake, the Rinkhals has many predators, and that adds to the problem.
I hope one day we will have a healthy colony of these snakes, they are awsome characters. Which do you prefer snake wise? 191391

There I go bubbling again! lol!
The other thing that scares me is the rate at which many people are killing adult mole snakes, they take a very long time to mature sexually, and even though they are to be found all over, they are killed on sight, even Cape Cobras are killed, it seem as if people just dont take the time to call a person to catch the snake, not like we gonna ask them for cash or something, and they dont understand that we do it for the animals, many peeps think we sell or keep the snakes Mad
Back to top Go down
Bogga
Yearling
Yearling

PostSubject: Re: Which do you prefer snake wise?   Which do you prefer snake wise? EmptyThu Mar 06, 2008 8:46 am

Oh BTW, I dont think they are banded, colour phase to me is not that important, unless its a corn snake lol!
Back to top Go down
Reptile Rescue Den
Admin
Admin
Reptile Rescue Den

PostSubject: Re: Which do you prefer snake wise?   Which do you prefer snake wise? EmptyThu Mar 06, 2008 12:17 pm

It's so sad that people are so ignorant that they kill these gorgeous animals... they don't realise that if they kill the snakes that the rodent population will increase tenfold.
Do you plan to breed and release or do you need another permit for that too LOL, or is that simply not allowed. Is there not other breeding projects within the area for the mole snake too?
Back to top Go down
Bogga
Yearling
Yearling

PostSubject: Re: Which do you prefer snake wise?   Which do you prefer snake wise? EmptyThu Mar 06, 2008 12:24 pm

Denise I cant release a snake that I imported from another province, the nature conservation might have issues with genetics etc, so unless a full impact study and all that red tape has been dealt with, no we cannot release any snakes, if for example I have caught a snake,rehabilitated it, and it gave birth in captivity, Im sure then I could get permission to release it a bit easier.

The only project that I have heard of is for the Slugeater, Im not sure about that though, or how its going.

But I have thought about breeding to release, I will see how that goes, but it will be a bit before I decide to breed, first have to get the babies here. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Reptile Rescue Den
Admin
Admin
Reptile Rescue Den

PostSubject: Re: Which do you prefer snake wise?   Which do you prefer snake wise? EmptyThu Mar 06, 2008 12:29 pm

Bogga wrote:

But I have thought about breeding to release, I will see how that goes, but it will be a bit before I decide to breed, first have to get the babies here. Very Happy
Hahaha of course getting them with you is a start lol.
Good luck with them when they do arrive love.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which do you prefer snake wise?   Which do you prefer snake wise? Empty

Back to top Go down

Which do you prefer snake wise?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next