Exotic Rescue Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Exotic Rescue Forum

Run By Reptile Rescuers - For Reptile Lovers!

HomeHome  Portal*  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Reptile Rescue DenReptile Rescue Den  

Woman fights off killer python

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Reptile Rescue Den
Admin
Admin
Reptile Rescue Den

Number of posts : 2711
Registration date : 2007-12-24

Woman fights off killer python Empty
PostSubject: Woman fights off killer python   Woman fights off killer python EmptyTue Mar 11, 2008 11:06 am

A WOMAN determined not to let her kitten become the second victim of a hungry python broke her wrist and was bitten twice as she repeatedly punched the large snake while fighting it off.

Ruth Butterworth, 58, of Bridgeman Downs on Brisbane's northside, said that as her mother's cat had been crushed to death days earlier, she knew she had to act to stop her kitten, Tuffy, from suffering the same fate.

"It was almost dark and I saw this silhouette coming down, and I knew what was about to happen to Tuffy," she said.

"Here was this evil thing coming out of the fence, coming down, and within a couple of seconds it had the cat."

Ms Butterworth had been calling Tuffy, but the kitten playfully ran back and forth in front of the fence before the snake struck.

"I just started punching the thick part of the snake where it was about the size of my arm," Ms Butterworth said. "I wasn't looking, I just kept punching until it let go."

The snake bit Ms Butterworth twice before it released Tuffy, who ran indoors. It wasn't until Tuffy was safe and Ms Butterworth fell backwards to get away from the snake that she realised she had broken her wrist and been bitten.

Days earlier Ms Butterworth's mother found her cat, Coco, dead, crushed by the same snake.
Back to top Go down
http://www.reptilerescueden.co.uk
Reptile Rescue Den
Admin
Admin
Reptile Rescue Den

PostSubject: Re: Woman fights off killer python   Woman fights off killer python EmptyTue Mar 11, 2008 11:08 am

Reptile Rescue Den wrote:

Days earlier Ms Butterworth's mother found her cat, Coco, dead, crushed by the same snake.

If that was so how come the snake didn't eat it? scratch
Back to top Go down
caimanhunter
caimanhunter

Number of posts : 1036
Registration date : 2008-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Woman fights off killer python   Woman fights off killer python EmptyTue Mar 11, 2008 11:22 am

Ms. Butterworth? Really?

Woman fights off killer python Butterworths
Back to top Go down
http://www.caimanhunter.com
Reptile Rescue Den
Admin
Admin
Reptile Rescue Den

PostSubject: Re: Woman fights off killer python   Woman fights off killer python EmptyTue Mar 11, 2008 11:28 am

lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
tilly790
Posting Python
Posting Python

Number of posts : 1295
Registration date : 2007-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Woman fights off killer python   Woman fights off killer python EmptyTue Mar 11, 2008 11:44 pm

lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Woman fights off killer python   Woman fights off killer python Empty

Back to top Go down

Woman fights off killer python
Page 1 of 1