Exotic Rescue Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Exotic Rescue Forum

Run By Reptile Rescuers - For Reptile Lovers!

HomeHome  Portal*  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Reptile Rescue DenReptile Rescue Den  

cleo not shedding

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
tweety96
Egg
Egg

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-03-12

cleo not shedding Empty
PostSubject: cleo not shedding   cleo not shedding EmptyWed Mar 12, 2008 10:23 pm

hi just a bit of imformation please my corn snake went dull about 2 week,s ago she has gone like this before when she was ready too shed she has now gone back too her normal coloure but still not shed the shop said too put her in a tub with moss too help her skin come off just want too know b4 i do is it ok too do this she has refused her food since going dull the 1st time so she has not ate now for over 2 weeks would she be ok ?
any help is most gratefull
Back to top Go down
Reptile Rescue Den
Admin
Admin
Reptile Rescue Den

Number of posts : 2711
Registration date : 2007-12-24

cleo not shedding Empty
PostSubject: Re: cleo not shedding   cleo not shedding EmptyWed Mar 12, 2008 10:36 pm

The shop has advised tubbing as she needs humidity to help her shed. I'd give her a warm bath and then either tub her with sphagnum moss in or use damp kitchen paper in her hide. You could also spray her daily too as that will help. Can I ask where is her water bowl in relation to the heat source in her viv and what are you using as a substrate?
Back to top Go down
http://www.reptilerescueden.co.uk
tweety96
Egg
Egg

cleo not shedding Empty
PostSubject: Re: cleo not shedding   cleo not shedding EmptyWed Mar 12, 2008 10:43 pm

her water bowl is in the cold end is that right ?
and her bedding is like a fine wood shaveing from the shop it came with her full set up
ive tried bathing her and she just climbs out lol
would her water bowl be best in the warm end for a bit of mist ?
Back to top Go down
daredevil6968
Egg
Egg
daredevil6968

Number of posts : 32

cleo not shedding Empty
PostSubject: Re: cleo not shedding   cleo not shedding EmptyWed Mar 12, 2008 10:58 pm

hi there. i have 2 cornsnakes and this happend to me last winter. didnt shed out for over a month. since then ive been using vitamin supplement in their water and have not had a problem. p.s it sounds like your doing everything right. i lightly mist my corns flex every 2 days.
Back to top Go down
tweety96
Egg
Egg

cleo not shedding Empty
PostSubject: Re: cleo not shedding   cleo not shedding EmptyWed Mar 12, 2008 11:50 pm

ok thanks alot for your help ive just been having look and she is going round her viv and sort of like rubbing against stuff looks like a little is peeling so hopefully she well shed tonight cheers plus ive been putting a bit of nutrobal vitamins on her food not all the time is that ok i thought i had read everything up on snakes but guess not
thats why i prefer too ask too make sure i get stuff right for her
Back to top Go down
daredevil6968
Egg
Egg
daredevil6968

cleo not shedding Empty
PostSubject: Re: cleo not shedding   cleo not shedding EmptyThu Mar 13, 2008 12:03 am

i use the vitamin drops like REPTASOL or BSP, it just helps with the shedding. i mainly use nutrobal dust for my insectivor lizards. its not bad for snakes the just dont need it because they get their calcium and iron from the rodents that they eat. plus cornsnakes are pretty tough and can cope with quite a lot of lifes troubles.
Back to top Go down
tweety96
Egg
Egg

cleo not shedding Empty
PostSubject: Re: cleo not shedding   cleo not shedding EmptyThu Mar 13, 2008 12:12 am

ok thanks alot for your help i'll go get some of that reptasol hopefully help her shed if she does not do it tonight would love too see her shed but knowing my luck i'll fall asleep and miss it lol she is such a pleasent snake kids love her too bits too Very Happy
Back to top Go down
daredevil6968
Egg
Egg
daredevil6968

cleo not shedding Empty
PostSubject: Re: cleo not shedding   cleo not shedding EmptyThu Mar 13, 2008 12:21 am

i often wait to watch mine shed. but usually miss it because they do it in the middle of the night. i've owned my mangrove snake for 4months now and i still havent seen it eat.
Back to top Go down
Reptile Rescue Den
Admin
Admin
Reptile Rescue Den

cleo not shedding Empty
PostSubject: Re: cleo not shedding   cleo not shedding EmptyThu Mar 13, 2008 12:58 am

Don't be too keen to over do it on vitamins and spend too much on reptile shedding products. You can over dose on vitamins and calcium, how often and how much do you use? As for shedding products well most often they are just a gimick to spend more money when infact if the husbandry is correct they are not necessary.
Back to top Go down
daredevil6968
Egg
Egg
daredevil6968

cleo not shedding Empty
PostSubject: Re: cleo not shedding   cleo not shedding EmptyThu Mar 13, 2008 1:48 am

i make 2ltr bottle of water with 4 drops in, leave it 24 hrs then give it to them that bottle lasts 4 days, or there abouts depending on wether they have knocked their dish over lol . thats the only vits they get.
Back to top Go down
tweety96
Egg
Egg

cleo not shedding Empty
PostSubject: Re: cleo not shedding   cleo not shedding EmptyThu Mar 13, 2008 4:26 pm

hi thanks for all the imformation at last she shed last night came off in 1 long bit and just little bits around her viv got all the bits out i always make sure they are all off near her eye's as been told need too check there after shed hope its right lol
Back to top Go down
Reptile Rescue Den
Admin
Admin
Reptile Rescue Den

cleo not shedding Empty
PostSubject: Re: cleo not shedding   cleo not shedding EmptyThu Mar 13, 2008 7:31 pm

Great news, glad everything turned out ok. cleo not shedding 3521
Back to top Go down
daredevil6968
Egg
Egg
daredevil6968

cleo not shedding Empty
PostSubject: Re: cleo not shedding   cleo not shedding EmptyThu Mar 13, 2008 8:34 pm

brillint thats good to hear
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

cleo not shedding Empty
PostSubject: Re: cleo not shedding   cleo not shedding Empty

Back to top Go down

cleo not shedding
Page 1 of 1