Exotic Rescue Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Exotic Rescue Forum

Run By Reptile Rescuers - For Reptile Lovers!

HomeHome  Portal*  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Reptile Rescue DenReptile Rescue Den  

Yellow scorpion?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
cmullins
Hatchling
Hatchling
cmullins

Number of posts : 220
Registration date : 2008-02-21

Yellow scorpion? Empty
PostSubject: Yellow scorpion?   Yellow scorpion? EmptySat Apr 19, 2008 4:19 pm

Hi everyone, my local pet shop have emailed thier stock list to me:
Emperor scorpions
Black back
Flat Rock
Hissing
African Black
Vietnam blacks
chilian chocolate
Yellow skeleton
Northern scrub

now i cant seem to find any info about yellow skeleton and chilian chocolate scorpions on the net, does anyone one know anything about these guys?

thanks
Back to top Go down
http://everythinganimal.forumakers.com/index.htm
tilly790
Posting Python
Posting Python

Number of posts : 1295
Registration date : 2007-12-27

Yellow scorpion? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yellow scorpion?   Yellow scorpion? EmptySun Apr 20, 2008 10:51 am

Im hoping to get an emperor soon never kept one before ..so its meant to be a starter one..someone may know on bugnation
Back to top Go down
Rigga
Egg
Egg
Rigga

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2007-12-30

Yellow scorpion? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yellow scorpion?   Yellow scorpion? EmptyWed Apr 23, 2008 10:11 pm

I've got a chile chocolate. bothriurus coriacius is the latin name, but there doesnt seem to be much information about them anywhere that i can find. I did manage to find out a bit tho by asking around, they LOVE to burrow, if you get one then be prepared to hardly ever see it! Temp wise, not too hot, the areas they come from can get mighty chilly, they can spend weeks if not months snowed in to their burrows, jut like chile rose tarantulas! mine doesnt have a heat mat, but his tank is on top of another viv which is pretty warm, so he gets heat from there. they don't like it too wet/ humid either, I just give him a bit of a spray every week or so and he's done fine the past year or so I've had him. They dont get very big, I've been told different things, from the sounds of it even a big mature female wont be more than about 6 or 7cm, males a couple of cm smaller.
Mine is in a smallish plastic tank about 7" deep, half filled with substrate, with a piece of bark buried at an angle which he has burrowed underneath. He has a small bottle top with water in and a few small rocks too. He is about 3 and a half cm at present and seems to be doing just fine in here.
Hope this is of some use to you.

R.
Back to top Go down
cold_blooded_lover
Hatchling
Hatchling
cold_blooded_lover

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2008-03-05

Yellow scorpion? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yellow scorpion?   Yellow scorpion? EmptyThu May 01, 2008 12:58 pm

I'd say that was a good bit of info on the Chilean Chocolate (bothriurus coriaceus) Rigga Very Happy I've got a Bothriurus sp (same family) and keep it pretty much the same way. As for the yellow skeleton, I've never heard that name before. I do however always ask for any species scientific/latin names that I am considering buying, as there are many different common names for the same species. Do let us know if you get anymore info bounce
Back to top Go down
Rigga
Egg
Egg
Rigga

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2007-12-30

Yellow scorpion? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yellow scorpion?   Yellow scorpion? EmptyThu May 01, 2008 2:49 pm

Thank you muchly Very Happy nice to hear I'm doing it right!

I've never heard of a yellow skeleton either, could be anything. Totally agree that you need to get latin names, its the only way to be sure of what you're getting. Especially important where venomous animals are concerned!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Yellow scorpion? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yellow scorpion?   Yellow scorpion? Empty

Back to top Go down

Yellow scorpion?
Page 1 of 1