Exotic Rescue Forum

Run By Reptile Rescuers - For Reptile Lovers!

HomeHome  Portal*  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  Reptile Rescue DenReptile Rescue Den  

Share | 

Fantasy Horned Frog

Go down 
AuthorMessage
_simon_
Egg
Egg

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Fantasy Horned Frog   Tue May 06, 2008 6:38 pm

I'm picking up a baby Fantasy Horned Frog on Thursday. This is my first time with frogs and I've fancied a horned frog for a while. Does anyone else keep or has kept horned frogs and have any tips to share?

I'll be keeping it on coco fibre. There will be a shallow water dish, a small coconut hide, silk fern in a corner just for aesthetics and possibly some sphagnum moss. I know horned frogs normally bury themselves up to the eyeballs in the substrate but I recently saw a horned frog making use of a hide which is why I'm putting one in. I'll be dusting the food with calcium and Repton. There will be a heatmat on the back of the tank.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tilly790
Posting Python
Posting Python

Number of posts : 1295
Registration date : 2007-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Horned Frog   Wed May 07, 2008 9:53 pm

ive always fancied one..sounds ok to me ..good luck with him..get some pics when you can
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Higgy
Egg
Egg

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Horned Frog   Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:54 am

Hi Simon. Ive just got a Ornate Horned Frog last saturday. Ive got mine in a faunarium with coco fibre substrate, a small pool, shallow gravel&water pool, some spagnum moss and some cork bark to hide under. Ive only had it a week but it sems to like to hide under the bark berried in the substrate waiting for any crickets to go past. Ive got a heatmat on the bottom which helps with the temp and keeps the humidity ok but i mist daily. Ive been told that they like earthworms but ive not yet tried them ive only fed crickets. Mine does however have a hop aboit every few days and has had a dip in the pool twice. Glad i got it as its fun to watch when eating.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fantasy Horned Frog   

Back to top Go down

Fantasy Horned Frog
Page 1 of 1