Exotic Rescue Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Exotic Rescue Forum

Run By Reptile Rescuers - For Reptile Lovers!

HomeHome  Portal*  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Reptile Rescue DenReptile Rescue Den  

Bearded dragon......

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Sabra
Yearling
Yearling
Sabra

Number of posts : 265
Registration date : 2008-01-03

Bearded dragon...... Empty
PostSubject: Bearded dragon......   Bearded dragon...... EmptyThu May 15, 2008 12:15 pm

Hey all, not been on for a while! hope you are all well!

I'm taking in a bearded dragon (yet another one!) who has no obvious heakth issues but wont feed confused

We have tried all the usual tricks and found he will only eat if he is sat on a rug and manages about 1 or 2 morio worms and occassionally a locust. He refuses everything else including veg and fruit.

He is big and healthy looking, has been wormed and is by no means dehydrated or female!

A bit of history- he was bought by a guy who wanted "a big lizard", this guy power fed him as a youngster to grow him on quick. He was then passed to another guy who again wanted a big lizard but as he now wouldn't feed he soon got bored and so now we have him.......

He has some mild signs of calcium deficiency which we have addressed already, its just this erratic feeding. At the moment he has plenty weight on him but I am concerned that he will start to lose it......

Any suggestions?

(Oh and he isn't impacted)

Thanks
Back to top Go down
caimanhunter
caimanhunter

Number of posts : 1036
Registration date : 2008-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Bearded dragon......   Bearded dragon...... EmptyThu May 15, 2008 4:25 pm

Good to hear.
Back to top Go down
http://www.caimanhunter.com
tilly790
Posting Python
Posting Python

Number of posts : 1295
Registration date : 2007-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Bearded dragon......   Bearded dragon...... EmptySat May 17, 2008 4:53 pm

Perhaps when he has settled in a bit he will eat better
Back to top Go down
Reptile Rescue Den
Admin
Admin
Reptile Rescue Den

Number of posts : 2711
Registration date : 2007-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Bearded dragon......   Bearded dragon...... EmptyMon May 19, 2008 7:35 pm

I've had them in for over a week before they have eaten due to stress. Think I would personall stay away from locusts if he appears to be a little over weight and try crickets to encourage him to move around more. I am thinking more exercise would increase his appetite. You have obviously eliminated all the obvious causes of concern so maybe just will begin to eat once he settles in more.
Let us know how he gets on.
Back to top Go down
http://www.reptilerescueden.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bearded dragon......   Bearded dragon...... Empty

Back to top Go down

Bearded dragon......
Page 1 of 1