Exotic Rescue Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Exotic Rescue Forum

Run By Reptile Rescuers - For Reptile Lovers!

HomeHome  Portal*  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Reptile Rescue DenReptile Rescue Den  

Hellooo

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
crevalle
Egg
Egg

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2011-04-20

Hellooo Empty
PostSubject: Hellooo   Hellooo EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 4:19 pm

Hi everyone,

I've been an avid reptile and amphibian enthusiast since I was about eight years old, and the passion's never ceased. My friends and I used to canvass the Minnesota woods, forests, ponds, and lakes in search of herps. Good times!

I've never rescued a reptile or amphibian, at least I can't remember if I have, but if buying emaciated pet shop herps counts, I've done it countless times growing up Hellooo 3521

I do remember one specific time about ten years ago I was at a Petco in St.Paul, MN, and saw a Savannah monitor that was knocking on death's doorstep. I asked for the manager and said I'd try to nurse it back to health if they gave it to me, but while she did agree it would probably die within a couple days, she said it was against store policy. So, it did die the next day, and I remember being frustrated that they just let it die. I suppose they wouldn't have gotten a tax write-off if they'd given it to me. Hmmm...I guess it could've been considered charitable giving though Hellooo 3521 Anyhow, I was just being idealistic I suppose.

Looking forward to perusing this forum.

Thanks.

Back to top Go down
http://www.backwaterreptiles.com
Snakes Incorporated
Snakes Incorporated

Number of posts : 572
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Hellooo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hellooo   Hellooo EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 8:22 pm

Hey crevalle nice hearing from you.
Back to top Go down