Exotic Rescue Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Exotic Rescue Forum

Run By Reptile Rescuers - For Reptile Lovers!

HomeHome  Portal*  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Reptile Rescue DenReptile Rescue Den  

looking for my perfect lizard?can any one help and surgest!!

Go down 
+5
Sabra
Albino_Burm
boabloketony
Reptile Rescue Den
dementedbee
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
dementedbee
Egg
Egg
dementedbee

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-01-19

looking for my perfect lizard?can any one help and surgest!! Empty
PostSubject: looking for my perfect lizard?can any one help and surgest!!   looking for my perfect lizard?can any one help and surgest!! EmptySat Jan 19, 2008 11:08 pm

hi ,iv have owned 4 lizards before and love them as pets but due to a nasty ex who sold one pair and others i had to rehomed with a friend due to problems with ex again.i had 2 beardys which turned out to be a breading pair!and also owned Basilisks.
but am looking at now geting some more as my daughter is also intrested!but kinda stuck on choice here!
i was looking at beardys again and now white spot geckos,
but would like something i could handle even if it not to much,also a resanable size not to big ie water dragon breadys size,something with personality!!!
i had a fantasic experence with my breadys which is makeing me want another but i thourt id open this to see what was surrgested and what people would put foward.
HELP !!!!
(P.S EXCUISE ANY SPELLING MISTAKES PLEASE) looking for my perfect lizard?can any one help and surgest!! 14493 looking for my perfect lizard?can any one help and surgest!! 191391
Back to top Go down
Reptile Rescue Den
Admin
Admin
Reptile Rescue Den

Number of posts : 2711
Registration date : 2007-12-24

PostSubject: Re: looking for my perfect lizard?can any one help and surgest!!   looking for my perfect lizard?can any one help and surgest!! EmptySat Jan 19, 2008 11:12 pm

I think beardies offer personallity, excitement, and so very entertaining. As you know they are sociable and love to be handled.
Back to top Go down
http://www.reptilerescueden.co.uk
dementedbee
Egg
Egg
dementedbee

PostSubject: Re: looking for my perfect lizard?can any one help and surgest!!   looking for my perfect lizard?can any one help and surgest!! EmptySat Jan 19, 2008 11:23 pm

thank you for replying hun!think that why i keep going back to the idea as mine were both so....mad only way i can put it.there very entertaining and mine always made me laugh.just watching them as well as handleing!!!
Back to top Go down
boabloketony
boabloketony

Number of posts : 965
Registration date : 2007-12-30

PostSubject: Re: looking for my perfect lizard?can any one help and surgest!!   looking for my perfect lizard?can any one help and surgest!! EmptySat Jan 19, 2008 11:27 pm

Aww I love water dragons Very Happy They seem so quirky !!!

I'd personally choose those but the decision is yours looking for my perfect lizard?can any one help and surgest!! 191391
Back to top Go down
boabloketony
boabloketony

PostSubject: Re: looking for my perfect lizard?can any one help and surgest!!   looking for my perfect lizard?can any one help and surgest!! EmptySat Jan 19, 2008 11:30 pm

Ooh ohh ohh I also love blue tongue skinks Very Happy And if you were planning on breeding one day they're live-bearers !!!
Back to top Go down
Reptile Rescue Den
Admin
Admin
Reptile Rescue Den

Number of posts : 2711
Registration date : 2007-12-24

PostSubject: Re: looking for my perfect lizard?can any one help and surgest!!   looking for my perfect lizard?can any one help and surgest!! EmptySat Jan 19, 2008 11:32 pm

Thats a great suggestion Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.reptilerescueden.co.uk
dementedbee
Egg
Egg
dementedbee

PostSubject: Re: looking for my perfect lizard?can any one help and surgest!!   looking for my perfect lizard?can any one help and surgest!! EmptySat Jan 19, 2008 11:51 pm

blue tongue skinks look ace iv just looked them up.water dragons look cool also!didnt no what they was like as pets so thourt id ask?
and thank you for your replys xx
Back to top Go down
boabloketony
boabloketony

PostSubject: Re: looking for my perfect lizard?can any one help and surgest!!   looking for my perfect lizard?can any one help and surgest!! EmptySun Jan 20, 2008 12:03 am

Although I've never owned either I've handled and worked with both and both have been a pleasure to look after and handle Very Happy

I have found that water dragons rub their faces on the glass so I'd personally recommend covering the bottom half of the glass with newspaper or cardboard (from the outside as the humidity would make it soggy on the inside)
Back to top Go down
dementedbee
Egg
Egg
dementedbee

PostSubject: Re: looking for my perfect lizard?can any one help and surgest!!   looking for my perfect lizard?can any one help and surgest!! EmptySun Jan 20, 2008 12:16 am

the blue tongue skinks intrested me they very diffrent ant they!what they like
Back to top Go down
Albino_Burm
Egg
Egg
Albino_Burm

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2007-12-26

PostSubject: Re: looking for my perfect lizard?can any one help and surgest!!   looking for my perfect lizard?can any one help and surgest!! EmptySun Jan 20, 2008 12:18 am

i would suggest bearded dragons....

They are fantastic and have great personalaties... but get a sandfire or the giant species or even a ghost :)
Back to top Go down
http://therptilehouse.info
dementedbee
Egg
Egg
dementedbee

PostSubject: Re: looking for my perfect lizard?can any one help and surgest!!   looking for my perfect lizard?can any one help and surgest!! EmptySun Jan 20, 2008 12:22 am

didnt relise there was somany diffrent breads of beardys
Back to top Go down
boabloketony
boabloketony

PostSubject: Re: looking for my perfect lizard?can any one help and surgest!!   looking for my perfect lizard?can any one help and surgest!! EmptySun Jan 20, 2008 12:23 am

Blue tongues are gorgeous honestly, I've not personally come across an aggressive one (that's not to say there aren't any about) let me find a few caresheets for you Very Happy
Back to top Go down
dementedbee
Egg
Egg
dementedbee

PostSubject: Re: looking for my perfect lizard?can any one help and surgest!!   looking for my perfect lizard?can any one help and surgest!! EmptySun Jan 20, 2008 12:29 am

well that good news but saying that dont mean there wont be like u said.and thank you xxx
Back to top Go down
Sabra
Yearling
Yearling
Sabra

Number of posts : 265
Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: looking for my perfect lizard?can any one help and surgest!!   looking for my perfect lizard?can any one help and surgest!! EmptySun Jan 20, 2008 1:05 am

hey there, I have 3 beardies and blue tongues. All are lovely. blue tongues have the ridiculous nature that beardies have they are also really talkative. huffing and puffing little monsters.
my three aren't agrssive at all but my big male is moody. I house them seperately at keep them at the same temps as the beardies. They have 48"x30"x16" vivs with cocobrick as a substrate. They have big water dishes they can swim in and I keep one end of the tank damp. They are really bad at shedding the skin from their toes so I have to help them quite a bit.
As far as breeding goes, brumation is essential (my female brumates her self) and the mating itself is very stressful as it is really quite violent!!!! but the result is cute beyond words!!!! speaking of which I'll be putting my pair together in 2 weeks time so wish me luck!
Back to top Go down
boabloketony
boabloketony

PostSubject: Re: looking for my perfect lizard?can any one help and surgest!!   looking for my perfect lizard?can any one help and surgest!! EmptySun Jan 20, 2008 1:13 am

Good to hear from someone that actually keeps them as I said above I've only worked with them Very Happy Yours sound like real characters Sabra Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sabra
Yearling
Yearling
Sabra

PostSubject: Re: looking for my perfect lizard?can any one help and surgest!!   looking for my perfect lizard?can any one help and surgest!! EmptySun Jan 20, 2008 1:26 am

oh yes. Dave id the little male, he has only got 2 toes, the people who had him befor didn't look after his feet properly. Mr Dave is my grumpy old man (one half of the breeding pair) he is a marauke (faded) blue tongue with a stunning peach coloured belly! My female,Mrs dave, is a rehome, but when her previous owner brought her to me her eyes were in a right state, she had old scales jammed into them, i managed to remove them and luckly she never developed any infection but now they are always watery!
Little dave is the funniest, he can't catch locust so ends up chasing em round for ages and mrs dave, when she catches locust, shakes them around like a dog with a slipper!
Back to top Go down
boabloketony
boabloketony

PostSubject: Re: looking for my perfect lizard?can any one help and surgest!!   looking for my perfect lizard?can any one help and surgest!! EmptySun Jan 20, 2008 1:41 am

Awww sounds so cute, do you have any photo's Sabra? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sabra
Yearling
Yearling
Sabra

PostSubject: Re: looking for my perfect lizard?can any one help and surgest!!   looking for my perfect lizard?can any one help and surgest!! EmptySun Jan 20, 2008 1:52 am

http://www.flickr.com/photos/22512383@N05/2176303068/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/22512383@N05/2176303960/in/photostream/

these link to my pictures!
Back to top Go down
boabloketony
boabloketony

PostSubject: Re: looking for my perfect lizard?can any one help and surgest!!   looking for my perfect lizard?can any one help and surgest!! EmptySun Jan 20, 2008 1:56 am

They're gorgeous Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sabra
Yearling
Yearling
Sabra

PostSubject: Re: looking for my perfect lizard?can any one help and surgest!!   looking for my perfect lizard?can any one help and surgest!! EmptySun Jan 20, 2008 1:58 am

i'll try and get some better pics soon as I can! the female is camera shy!
Back to top Go down
dementedbee
Egg
Egg
dementedbee

PostSubject: Re: looking for my perfect lizard?can any one help and surgest!!   looking for my perfect lizard?can any one help and surgest!! EmptySun Jan 20, 2008 2:20 am

your lizards are beautiful and thank u for your reply im very kean on getin one soon and have been for a while.its a shame here the owners befor didnt take proper care of the daves is it!but am happy no that they have a better owner and that you are takeing care of them.makes you think just how many people are out there now doing worst and makes me happy that there a network like this to make sure that they geta better chance!i heard something not long ago about a licence being brought in in this still going ahead that any1 nos of!
Back to top Go down
tilly790
Posting Python
Posting Python

Number of posts : 1295
Registration date : 2007-12-27

PostSubject: Re: looking for my perfect lizard?can any one help and surgest!!   looking for my perfect lizard?can any one help and surgest!! EmptySun Jan 20, 2008 2:52 pm

Oh great pics
Back to top Go down
Sabra
Yearling
Yearling
Sabra

PostSubject: Re: looking for my perfect lizard?can any one help and surgest!!   looking for my perfect lizard?can any one help and surgest!! EmptySun Jan 20, 2008 5:27 pm

Thanks all, I think blue tongues are underted as pets! I've heard this licensing thing befor and nothing ever came of it, I think if anything it is getting more relaxed. Mangrove snakes have just come of the DWA so I've seen a few places that are starting to sell wild caught on ones, another species facing extinction due to the pet trade me thinks!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Mr. Monitor
Egg
Egg
Mr. Monitor

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-01-23

PostSubject: Re: looking for my perfect lizard?can any one help and surgest!!   looking for my perfect lizard?can any one help and surgest!! EmptySun Jan 27, 2008 1:40 am

You should get an Ackie Monitor, they stay small, they're pretty calm and they can eat such a varied diet it makes feeding pretty easy.
Back to top Go down
Higgy
Egg
Egg
Higgy

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: looking for my perfect lizard?can any one help and surgest!!   looking for my perfect lizard?can any one help and surgest!! EmptyTue Feb 05, 2008 1:53 am

THave you thought about crested geckos? Only grow to around 10inch head to tail, can live at room temps and can be fed entirely on Crested Gecko Diet (CGD is a powder you mix with water has everything in they need) can also feed live foods and fruit puree. Here are a few pics of my to. Also they change Colour!

looking for my perfect lizard?can any one help and surgest!! Crest5

looking for my perfect lizard?can any one help and surgest!! Crest1

looking for my perfect lizard?can any one help and surgest!! Mycresties

looking for my perfect lizard?can any one help and surgest!! Korma3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: looking for my perfect lizard?can any one help and surgest!!   looking for my perfect lizard?can any one help and surgest!! Empty

Back to top Go down

looking for my perfect lizard?can any one help and surgest!!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next