Exotic Rescue Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Exotic Rescue Forum

Run By Reptile Rescuers - For Reptile Lovers!

HomeHome  Portal*  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Reptile Rescue DenReptile Rescue Den  

Harriet Update - Test results back

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
mummybear
Egg
Egg

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2007-12-26

Harriet Update - Test results back Empty
PostSubject: Harriet Update - Test results back   Harriet Update - Test results back EmptyFri Jan 25, 2008 3:14 am

Well Harriet went back to visit her new vet today. The verdict is after getting results back from the various tests is she has a form of Microsporidia which is a parasite more commonly associated with bees also humans. This parasite caused the inflammation (lump) which covered her eye. Luckily it is treatable but requires a special type of drug which is used to treat the problem in bees so have to wait till she gets it and she will post it out to me. She has to go back in 2 weeks time. There is very little information about symptoms, treatments results as apparently there is only one recorded case involving a rep (iguana i think) plus it is so rare.
She responded well to tests done today to check her sight, she has gained 5g in weight in the past 2 weeks and is showing signs of improvement, though her appetite is still very poor.
Sorry for being so long winded but I know a lot of you like to be kept updated on her progress especially those who have given their kind support to us (Harriet & I) during her illness.

The vet took photo's and would like a copy of the one I posted on here.
Back to top Go down
Reptile Rescue Den
Admin
Admin
Reptile Rescue Den

Number of posts : 2711
Registration date : 2007-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Harriet Update - Test results back   Harriet Update - Test results back EmptyFri Jan 25, 2008 4:13 pm

Thanks for letting us all know love. Let's hope she makes a good recovery. Any idea where she got this parasite from?
Back to top Go down
http://www.reptilerescueden.co.uk
mummybear
Egg
Egg

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2007-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Harriet Update - Test results back   Harriet Update - Test results back EmptyFri Jan 25, 2008 7:15 pm

Reptile Rescue Den wrote:
Thanks for letting us all know love. Let's hope she makes a good recovery. Any idea where she got this parasite from?
Unfortunately no, which is a shame, in fact the vet said is was the very last thing she would have suspected was causing the problem so the £110 spent on the tests was well worth it in my opinion, and trust me as soon as she's sorted both my beardies are getting insured I only wish I'd found the reptile insurance before the problem started but never mind she's worth evey penny and the worry she's put me through LOL
Back to top Go down
Sabra
Yearling
Yearling
Sabra

Number of posts : 265
Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Harriet Update - Test results back   Harriet Update - Test results back EmptyFri Jan 25, 2008 10:37 pm

thats good news.. I'm really happy for you!
Back to top Go down
caimanhunter
caimanhunter

Number of posts : 1036
Registration date : 2008-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Harriet Update - Test results back   Harriet Update - Test results back EmptySat Jan 26, 2008 2:36 am

Well, best of luck in the recovery process.
Back to top Go down
http://www.caimanhunter.com
tilly790
Posting Python
Posting Python

Number of posts : 1295
Registration date : 2007-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Harriet Update - Test results back   Harriet Update - Test results back EmptySat Jan 26, 2008 10:49 am

Hope she gets sorted soon
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Harriet Update - Test results back   Harriet Update - Test results back Empty

Back to top Go down

Harriet Update - Test results back
Page 1 of 1