Exotic Rescue Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Exotic Rescue Forum

Run By Reptile Rescuers - For Reptile Lovers!

HomeHome  Portal*  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Reptile Rescue DenReptile Rescue Den  

Trapdoor Spider Keepers?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
boabloketony
boabloketony

Number of posts : 965
Registration date : 2007-12-30

Trapdoor Spider Keepers? Empty
PostSubject: Trapdoor Spider Keepers?   Trapdoor Spider Keepers? EmptyMon Mar 03, 2008 10:02 pm

I've been doing alot of research on trapdoor spiders, I love everything about them. I realise I won't see them very often (if at all lol!) and I realise they have a nasty bite too !!!

I just wondered whether there's anybody on here that actually keeps them or has hands-on experience with them? I've only ever seen one on sale and it was easily 3 years ago in my local pet shop but apart from that I've never seen any for sale. If you have some I'd love to hear what you think of the species and how you find keeping them !!! They seem quite a mis-understood species lol!

I'm considering getting one from the BTS this year if there's any on sale Very Happy
Back to top Go down
tarantula_man
Egg
Egg

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2007-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Trapdoor Spider Keepers?   Trapdoor Spider Keepers? EmptyFri Mar 21, 2008 11:10 pm

hello, i have a trapdoor spider but not sure what species, i got it off of my m8 who got it off lee at the spider shop. i havent seen it at all but crix do disappear.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/rogersharp
jen1302
Egg
Egg

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Trapdoor Spider Keepers?   Trapdoor Spider Keepers? EmptyFri Sep 19, 2008 8:28 pm

I have a silver brush foot and mad as hell.

There fairly easy to keep just need deep substrate and what iv'e found easy when removing moults is give it a homemade hide as it makes it easy when removing moult and cleaning out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trapdoor Spider Keepers?   Trapdoor Spider Keepers? Empty

Back to top Go down

Trapdoor Spider Keepers?
Page 1 of 1