Exotic Rescue Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Exotic Rescue Forum

Run By Reptile Rescuers - For Reptile Lovers!

HomeHome  Portal*  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Reptile Rescue DenReptile Rescue Den  

Sick Iguana Needs Help

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Patty
Egg
Egg

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-06-18

Sick Iguana Needs Help Empty
PostSubject: Sick Iguana Needs Help   Sick Iguana Needs Help EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 9:25 pm

I am an assistant professor at Lincoln Land Community College in Springfield, IL. It came to the attention of our department recently that the Iguana that we have on campus had developed an abscess on her jaw. We have taken her to the vet who told us that it is treatable, but will need to be surgically removed with post-op care required. No one in our department can provide this type of care at this time (I did express interest in caring for the Iguana personally, but I have absolutely no experience in handling Iguanas). Because of this, I have been searching for rescue groups in Illinois (and surrounding states) that may be able to care for our Iguana. We would love for her to return to our school afterwards (the vet told us we would have to modify her living space), but are willing to let her live in a new home. I just don’t want us to have to put her down. If anyone near Springfield, IL thinks they can offer us some assistance, please contact me.

-Patty Lager
217-786-2826

Thanks!!
Back to top Go down
tilly790
Posting Python
Posting Python

Number of posts : 1295
Registration date : 2007-12-27

Sick Iguana Needs Help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sick Iguana Needs Help   Sick Iguana Needs Help EmptyThu Jun 19, 2008 7:00 pm

Hope you get her sorted..im sure someone in your area will come to help you. Pity you are so far away.
Back to top Go down

Sick Iguana Needs Help
Page 1 of 1