Exotic Rescue Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Exotic Rescue Forum

Run By Reptile Rescuers - For Reptile Lovers!

HomeHome  Portal*  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Reptile Rescue DenReptile Rescue Den  

Tonight, Disaster Struck

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
caimanhunter
caimanhunter

Number of posts : 1036
Registration date : 2008-01-02

Tonight, Disaster Struck Empty
PostSubject: Tonight, Disaster Struck   Tonight, Disaster Struck EmptyThu Jul 10, 2008 10:58 am

I got a phone call from the Williamson County Communications Center. There was a Deputy at my property. It seems that someone (or the weather) came on my property and knocked down one of the walls of the new enclosure and Angel was on the loose. I drove out and met the Deputy and lassoed Angel, and with the help of Ryan, Cody and Terri, we wrangled the girl back into her pen and put the wall back up, temporarily. I will need to get out there and do a better job. 

Funny thing is, the Deputy told me that my neighbor, the one who lives to the right of my property as you face the property from the street, who was screaming the whole time about suing me if her animals get eaten and how could they let me keep them and that she hoped I heard her screaming that she would sue me if any of her animals got eaten because the animals she has are part of her family and she loves them and she would be devastated if anything happened to them (she must feel she is alone with those feelings), had called the game warden, who came out to the property on Monday and determined that there was nothing wrong with my enclosure or having the caiman out there and told her as much.

And lo and behold, tonight there was something wrong with one of the walls to my enclosure. No ticket. No fine. The Deputy even shined his flashlight while I counted the heads and we wrangled the escape artist. But he told me that I needed to fix it quick, that if they got on to her property she could put them down and I only needed to worry about fixing the pen, but to expect a call from the game warden.

We used to have a good relationship with the game warden. Once he called us to rescue a caiman they found in Leander. Another time he called to ask if we wanted a deer, to use as food, that had been culled and they needed to dispose of. He retired or got promoted and the area is now being covered by a guy from a different county, where caiman are forbidden. An interesting development, which we will watch to see how it plays out. 

I need to put up a fence, some no trespassing signs and security cameras. Anyone want to donate a fence, some no trespassing signs and security cameras?
Back to top Go down
http://www.caimanhunter.com
Reptile Rescue Den
Admin
Admin
Reptile Rescue Den

Number of posts : 2711
Registration date : 2007-12-24

Tonight, Disaster Struck Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tonight, Disaster Struck   Tonight, Disaster Struck EmptyThu Jul 10, 2008 1:46 pm

Awe Bam hope everything works out ok and you get that wall fixed.
As for that neighbour.... well I hope her house blows down with her in it!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.reptilerescueden.co.uk

Tonight, Disaster Struck
Page 1 of 1