Exotic Rescue Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Exotic Rescue Forum

Run By Reptile Rescuers - For Reptile Lovers!

HomeHome  Portal*  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Reptile Rescue DenReptile Rescue Den  

Oh, What a Day!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
caimanhunter
caimanhunter

Number of posts : 1036
Registration date : 2008-01-02

Oh, What a Day! Empty
PostSubject: Oh, What a Day!   Oh, What a Day! EmptyFri Jul 11, 2008 8:18 am

I took the boys out to the property at 0-dark-thirty this morning to start the resurrection. Along the way I was visited by 2 neighbors from down the road and a newspaper reporter from Taylor and then went and met my neighbors from across the street. I hope we worked everything out. I hope it's all cleared up. I had a nice chat with the gentleman across from me and he seemed like an ok guy. I gave all of them my phone number and told them that if there ever was a problem to let me know and I would be right out there.

We rebuilt the wall as best as we could without taking the entire structure down and starting from scratch. Then we put galvanized t-posts in all four corners, the ends on the front, at 1/3 and 2/3 of each of the three other sides and in about 6 places along the rebuilt wall.

Then we dumped a few bags of sacrete in the rebuilt sides' blocks' holes.

Tried again to calm down the lady doing all the complaining. Headed back home and took the boys out to a late lunch.

Went home, tried to nap, ate dinner, tried to nap again. Watched some TV.

2100 hours. Yup, got another call from Wilco Comm. Seems the neighbor two houses down found a caiman in her pool. When we got there the people who live all around us on the road were already there, and had it covered, roped and wrangled. As it turns out, they run a snake rescue and had all the necessary equipment, and one of the guys had actually done it before where he used to live. Talk about a stroke of luck. We all went back to my property (2 sets of neighbors, Terri, Cody and Deputy Eric) and released Daisy back into the pond with the other girls. At this point I think this should be the last of them.

Our new neighbors seem to be good people. They had no problem with me, my family, my creatures or my enclosure. They said they'd keep an eye on the property. They'll told me that they'd help with the fence and look to see if they had some extra "No Trespassing" signs when the time comes to take care of that, and that they'll happily call the Deputy if they see people on my property.

Now to finally get some sleep!
Back to top Go down
http://www.caimanhunter.com

Oh, What a Day!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Exotic Rescue Forum :: General Help & Chat :: Housing / Habitat-
Jump to: