Exotic Rescue Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Exotic Rescue Forum

Run By Reptile Rescuers - For Reptile Lovers!

HomeHome  Portal*  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Reptile Rescue DenReptile Rescue Den  

Rehoming Fee's

Go down 
+2
Reptile Rescue Den
linalupin
6 posters
AuthorMessage
linalupin
Egg
Egg

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-11-01

Rehoming Fee's Empty
PostSubject: Rehoming Fee's   Rehoming Fee's EmptySat Nov 01, 2008 9:32 am

i have just joing your forum and read the thread on re homing fee's..
I rang my local reptile rescue and was quoted over £300 to rehome any animal with them... i was told they do not just rehome the animal.. you have to buy the complete set up (viv, heat, light, uvb and starter, thermostat, sand) and then they would let you have the reptile..
i told him i have an empty 4ft viv sat ready now and he said he wouldnt let it go unless i bought th set up.. that way he could ensure i was looking after it the same way he was... i was shocked... as much as i wanted to rehome a needy beardie i wont be forced into buying equipment i dont want or need.. are they allowed to do this??
Back to top Go down
Reptile Rescue Den
Admin
Admin
Reptile Rescue Den

Number of posts : 2711
Registration date : 2007-12-24

Rehoming Fee's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rehoming Fee's   Rehoming Fee's EmptySun Nov 02, 2008 9:43 pm

Let me see this wouldn't be Reptile Rescue H*** would it by any chance?

Last edited by Reptile Rescue Den on Tue May 11, 2010 9:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.reptilerescueden.co.uk
Reptile Rescue Den
Admin
Admin
Reptile Rescue Den

Rehoming Fee's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rehoming Fee's   Rehoming Fee's EmptySun Nov 02, 2008 9:46 pm

Your not the first person to have spoke of such things and not to agree with it. I have had people travel quite a distance to rehome from ourselves because they wouldn't 'buy' the equipment to 'rehome' an animal.
Back to top Go down
linalupin
Egg
Egg

Rehoming Fee's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rehoming Fee's   Rehoming Fee's EmptyMon Nov 03, 2008 7:51 pm

yes it is reptile rescue hull..
the guy on the phone was so arrogant and rude.. i have had a few phone conversations with them and each time i was was left gob smacked by the information they had given me..
Back to top Go down
Reptile Rescue Den
Admin
Admin
Reptile Rescue Den

Rehoming Fee's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rehoming Fee's   Rehoming Fee's EmptyMon Nov 03, 2008 8:24 pm

Your not alone and though I cannot say much publically I am very much aware of how he runs his so called rescue from the pet shop. Like I have mentioned people have travelled from the Hull area to rehome from ourselves because of the such things you have mentioned. Those who have worked for him have since seen the light and have told me many things... all not good. Plus someone last year contacted me about an animal that was in his care for a holiday and died of starvation according the the post mortem report. The PM report was done by our own vets and I have also spoke to the vet in question and that was their professional opinion. My advise is stay well clear and go to a more reputable and more respected true rescue centre.
Whilst nothing can be done about how he runs the rescue you can of course complaint to the trading standards dept and to the licensing dept of your local council. Complaints to the RSPCA and other people who probably share your opinion may also work. It has been said that someone who previously worked for him does have a petition on going to prevent him from running things as he does etc but I cannot say who that actually is. Good luck!
Back to top Go down
linalupin
Egg
Egg

Rehoming Fee's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rehoming Fee's   Rehoming Fee's EmptyTue Nov 04, 2008 8:51 am

thanks for the info... i have been to the "shop" a few times now and was shocked to see he has got most of the lizards on "desert sand".. he went on to tell me that this is the ideal substrate for them as it goes hard when it gets wet and they an also dig in it.. he tried palming me off wit some excuse when i asked him what it would do to the lizards insides if it gets eaten.. i cant believe that some one can get away with this.. surely if some one is prepared to offer a good permenant home and can prove they are capable of looking after the animal properly they would be more than happy to rehome.. i have rehomed cats and dogs in the past from rspca and other organisations and never had to go to the lengths that he is asking.
Back to top Go down
Reptile Rescue Den
Admin
Admin
Reptile Rescue Den

Rehoming Fee's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rehoming Fee's   Rehoming Fee's EmptyTue Nov 04, 2008 1:20 pm

I know what you mean... I have personally spoken with the guy many times and don't like him one bit. That's me being polite by the way LOL. I can't say what I would normally say on here or I would have to ban myself LOL.
All he is about is making a sale in the shop and throwing in an animal for small measures. He isn't a rescuer he is a salesman who should be stopped!!!!!
Back to top Go down
caimanhunter
caimanhunter

Number of posts : 1036
Registration date : 2008-01-02

Rehoming Fee's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rehoming Fee's   Rehoming Fee's EmptyThu Nov 06, 2008 5:18 pm

Bad reps make it to this side of the pond, too. Reptile Rescue H*** should not be allowed to use the word "rescue", from what I hear - they are simply a profit focused enterprise. From what I hear. My info could be wrong, but it seems that it isn't. When in the UK, drive the extra mile and go visit with Denise.
Back to top Go down
http://www.caimanhunter.com
Reptile Rescue Den
Admin
Admin
Reptile Rescue Den

Rehoming Fee's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rehoming Fee's   Rehoming Fee's EmptyThu Nov 06, 2008 5:46 pm

Thanks Bam Rehoming Fee's 3521
Back to top Go down
linalupin
Egg
Egg

Rehoming Fee's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rehoming Fee's   Rehoming Fee's EmptyThu Nov 06, 2008 9:13 pm

fingers crossed my hubby passes his driving test on wednesday and i will be able to go visit.. i have had mixed advice from a few of the Hull reptile shops and i think i will be sticking to my instincts...
Reptile Rescue Hull needs something doing about it.. any advice on who to talk to? i know a few ppl including myself who would love to help rehome needy animals but dont agree with the way he goes about it... if i had the time and knowledge i would end up with a zoo.. all of us in our house is a soft touch for a sob story...
Back to top Go down
Higgy
Egg
Egg
Higgy

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2008-01-26

Rehoming Fee's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rehoming Fee's   Rehoming Fee's EmptySat Nov 08, 2008 10:44 pm

Ive never been to it but have heard bad things about it. I got a Royal python off denise and im chuffed to bits with it! Id highly recommend going to denise. I live quite local but agree with Bam i highly recommend going to denise.
Back to top Go down
Reptile Rescue Den
Admin
Admin
Reptile Rescue Den

Rehoming Fee's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rehoming Fee's   Rehoming Fee's EmptyTue Nov 11, 2008 11:03 am

Higgy wrote:
Ive never been to it but have heard bad things about it. I got a Royal python off denise and im chuffed to bits with it! Id highly recommend going to denise. I live quite local but agree with Bam i highly recommend going to denise.
Thanks so much Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Snakes Incorporated
Snakes Incorporated

Number of posts : 572
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Rehoming Fee's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rehoming Fee's   Rehoming Fee's EmptyTue Nov 11, 2008 10:22 pm

No dangerous reptiles, only dangerous keepers
Back to top Go down
Reptile Rescue Den
Admin
Admin
Reptile Rescue Den

Rehoming Fee's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rehoming Fee's   Rehoming Fee's EmptyWed Nov 12, 2008 12:14 am

Rehoming Fee's 321350 You better believe it honey!!!! xxx
Back to top Go down
spear_85
Egg
Egg

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-02-05

Rehoming Fee's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rehoming Fee's   Rehoming Fee's EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 6:20 pm

the rescue in hull need to be colsed down i seen in the flats above the shop full off reps all in a bad way a large iguana in a tiny tank anther igi with burns on it all in poor condisions vary bad poor things need help and do the rspca no about the flats above with them in Sad
Back to top Go down
Reptile Rescue Den
Admin
Admin
Reptile Rescue Den

Rehoming Fee's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rehoming Fee's   Rehoming Fee's EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 9:00 pm

I am rather hoping the shop fire will put a stop to him but i doubt it would.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rehoming Fee's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rehoming Fee's   Rehoming Fee's Empty

Back to top Go down

Rehoming Fee's
Page 1 of 1