Exotic Rescue Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Exotic Rescue Forum

Run By Reptile Rescuers - For Reptile Lovers!

HomeHome  Portal*  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Reptile Rescue DenReptile Rescue Den  

Rehoming Fees?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Reptile Rescue Den
Admin
Admin
Reptile Rescue Den

Number of posts : 2711
Registration date : 2007-12-24

Rehoming Fees? Empty
PostSubject: Rehoming Fees?   Rehoming Fees? EmptyTue Feb 19, 2008 4:32 am

I'm wondering on how the rest or you feel with rehoming fees? So far everything appears to be going well and I am happy. However today I had an enquiry regarding someone wanting to rehome an iggy we are offering. The rehoming fee is the standard £50 (for two years we was only charging £35), and though appearently keen said that they really may struggle finding the rehoming fee?
OK £50 is £50 and to some it maybe alot. It is to us when paying vet & elec bills for example! Anyway they was saying they may need a couple of weeks to find the rehoming fee. OK cool! My concern is if they are worried about the rehoming fee then how the hell would they be with the food bill and any vet bills that you can incur with having pets? If they can't afford £50 rehoming fee then they surely will be fooked if they have a large vet bill. Think on future rehomers looking to rehome reptiles!
In all fairness... IF YOU CAN'T AFFORD THE REHOMING FEE, HOW THE HELL CAN YOU AFFORD THE UPKEEP OF A REPTILE?????????????

Last edited by on Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.reptilerescueden.co.uk
Bogga
Yearling
Yearling

Number of posts : 290
Registration date : 2008-01-03

Rehoming Fees? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rehoming Fees?   Rehoming Fees? EmptyTue Feb 19, 2008 8:52 am

Youve got a case of peeps that dont want to pay, I believe in most instances peeps take better care of an animal when they have spent money on it, if peeps are not willing to part with cash to purchase the animal, they can bugger off! Im sure it cost much more just setting up the enclosure, never mind caring for it! Rehoming Fees? 79846
Back to top Go down
caimanhunter
caimanhunter

Number of posts : 1036
Registration date : 2008-01-02

Rehoming Fees? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rehoming Fees?   Rehoming Fees? EmptyTue Feb 19, 2008 1:12 pm

Bogga wrote:
Youve got a case of peeps that dont want to pay, I believe in most instances peeps take better care of an animal when they have spent money on it, if peeps are not willing to part with cash to purchase the animal, they can bugger off! Im sure it cost much more just setting up the enclosure, never mind caring for it!

I agree. I let people know that the rescue fee helps me recoup some of what I've got into the animal; i.e. medication, veterinarian costs, housing, food, etc...

If they can't help me with the measly stipend I'm asking then how much are they willing to put toward the animal. It's a shame to have to rescue the same animal twice. If they can't afford the re-home fee than they can't afford to properly care for the animal.
Back to top Go down
http://www.caimanhunter.com
Sponsored content

Rehoming Fees? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rehoming Fees?   Rehoming Fees? Empty

Back to top Go down

Rehoming Fees?
Page 1 of 1