Exotic Rescue Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Exotic Rescue Forum

Run By Reptile Rescuers - For Reptile Lovers!

HomeHome  Portal*  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Reptile Rescue DenReptile Rescue Den  

Can your reptiles love you?

Go down 
+3
cold_blooded_lover
caimanhunter
Reptile Rescue Den
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Yes
Can your reptiles love you? Vote_lcap33%Can your reptiles love you? Vote_rcap
 33% [ 3 ]
No
Can your reptiles love you? Vote_lcap67%Can your reptiles love you? Vote_rcap
 67% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 9

AuthorMessage
Reptile Rescue Den
Admin
Admin
Reptile Rescue Den

Number of posts : 2711
Registration date : 2007-12-24

Can your reptiles love you? Empty
PostSubject: Can your reptiles love you?   Can your reptiles love you? EmptyWed Feb 20, 2008 1:29 pm

Do you believe your reptiles love you?
Back to top Go down
http://www.reptilerescueden.co.uk
Reptile Rescue Den
Admin
Admin
Reptile Rescue Den

PostSubject: Re: Can your reptiles love you?   Can your reptiles love you? EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 7:04 pm

Yes of course they do.... whats not to love? Can your reptiles love you? 748883 Can your reptiles love you? 47336
Back to top Go down
caimanhunter
caimanhunter

Number of posts : 1036
Registration date : 2008-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Can your reptiles love you?   Can your reptiles love you? EmptyWed Mar 19, 2008 9:50 am

They'd love to eat me. They'd love to take a finger. They'd love to escape, for whatever reason. They seem to love basking in the sun and sinking unseen at night.

But me? I rather doubt it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.caimanhunter.com
cold_blooded_lover
Hatchling
Hatchling
cold_blooded_lover

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2008-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Can your reptiles love you?   Can your reptiles love you? EmptyWed Mar 19, 2008 4:50 pm

LUVVVVVVVVV Me Yeh of course they love me

they Luv me 2 feed them
Luv me keeping them cleaned
Luv me heating their home
Luv me watering them
Luv me nurturing them

But most of all I think they LUVVVVVV when I bugger off and leave them alone Laughing
Back to top Go down
Reptile Rescue Den
Admin
Admin
Reptile Rescue Den

PostSubject: Re: Can your reptiles love you?   Can your reptiles love you? EmptyWed Mar 19, 2008 5:01 pm

hahahaha I like that reply
Back to top Go down
daredevil6968
Egg
Egg
daredevil6968

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2008-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Can your reptiles love you?   Can your reptiles love you? EmptyThu Mar 20, 2008 5:08 am

i'd like to think they love me, at least i hope the mangrove snake doesn't hate me or its a hospital trip for me...lol
Back to top Go down
Reptile Rescue Den
Admin
Admin
Reptile Rescue Den

PostSubject: Re: Can your reptiles love you?   Can your reptiles love you? EmptyThu Mar 20, 2008 5:09 am

How come they was taken off the DWA?
Back to top Go down
daredevil6968
Egg
Egg
daredevil6968

PostSubject: Re: Can your reptiles love you?   Can your reptiles love you? EmptyThu Mar 20, 2008 5:23 am

they were taken off the dwa because a) they are rear fanged b) they are mildly venomous (unless you are allergic to their strain of venom) c) my thoughts only but they aren't very aggressive (when they get to know you.) p.s. i'll laugh when they take the boomslang off dwa for being rear fanged lol!
Back to top Go down
Reptile Rescue Den
Admin
Admin
Reptile Rescue Den

PostSubject: Re: Can your reptiles love you?   Can your reptiles love you? EmptyThu Mar 20, 2008 5:39 am

hahahaha
OK so with the hoggies being mildly venomous whats the score with that?
I know buggar all about these babies so any input would be good.
Back to top Go down
daredevil6968
Egg
Egg
daredevil6968

PostSubject: Re: Can your reptiles love you?   Can your reptiles love you? EmptyThu Mar 20, 2008 5:52 am

no one has ever been bitten badly enough by a mangrove snake to tell how dangerous they are but milking them says they cant kill you. supposedly 1 woman in america was bitten by a mangrove on the arm, all it caused was her arm to swell heavily and it took a week for the swelling to go down. not too sure on the hoggies venom as the are really placid snakes, i looked after a madagascan hoggie that was 4ft he was a little darling. i will admit 1 thing about mangrove snakes, they are not for beginners ... denise u like my avatar, it a pic of my manny
Back to top Go down
Reptile Rescue Den
Admin
Admin
Reptile Rescue Den

PostSubject: Re: Can your reptiles love you?   Can your reptiles love you? EmptyThu Mar 20, 2008 6:10 am

Love it babe! It dosn't even look real in that pose lol.
Back to top Go down
daredevil6968
Egg
Egg
daredevil6968

PostSubject: Re: Can your reptiles love you?   Can your reptiles love you? EmptyThu Mar 20, 2008 7:02 am

i know. the only time i see him in his tank is around 10pm till 3am when he is hungry. the rest of the time he hides under his newspaper flooring. he doesn't mind being disturbed though when i have to clean him. (i have a funny story to tell about him, i think he's fond of me because 1 day i had a friend come round to see him, i got him out of the tank as i do held him in my arms, he's 4ft 5inch long , my friend came in for a closer look and manny struck out at him. he has never done that to me , i'd like to think he was protecting me but i think he just got spooked )
Back to top Go down
Reptile Rescue Den
Admin
Admin
Reptile Rescue Den

PostSubject: Re: Can your reptiles love you?   Can your reptiles love you? EmptyThu Mar 20, 2008 1:51 pm

Ahhhh Manny loves you Laughing
Back to top Go down
Bogga
Yearling
Yearling

Number of posts : 290
Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Can your reptiles love you?   Can your reptiles love you? EmptyFri Mar 28, 2008 1:47 pm

Yes, mine just adores me, I think, then there are those that huff and puff...... scratch

boomslang, a snake that deserves as much respect as any Cobra in my opinion. Ive handled a wild Cobra, puffie and Boomslang. The Boomslang scares the sh!t outta me, he is so frikking fast, and this was a female of about 1.2mtr. sure they are rear fanged, it doesnt make them less dangerous, however they would rathe move away from you than confront you, but grab that tail and see what happens Shocked especially when they are cornered!

In my opinion, not to be kept in a collection if antivenom is more than a day away.
Back to top Go down
Reptile Rescue Den
Admin
Admin
Reptile Rescue Den

PostSubject: Re: Can your reptiles love you?   Can your reptiles love you? EmptyFri Mar 28, 2008 3:35 pm

I know we are going a little off topic here but with the Mangrove being taken off the DWA cos its rear fanged and the Boomslang being same but would be on DWA, can someone explain the difference to me please.
Back to top Go down
daredevil6968
Egg
Egg
daredevil6968

PostSubject: Re: Can your reptiles love you?   Can your reptiles love you? EmptySat Mar 29, 2008 4:30 am

both are rear fanged. but the boomslang has caused fatalities where as the mangrove has only caused mass swelling. apart from that i cant find anymore information on either.
Back to top Go down
Bogga
Yearling
Yearling

PostSubject: Re: Can your reptiles love you?   Can your reptiles love you? EmptyMon Mar 31, 2008 2:21 pm

daredevil6968 wrote:
both are rear fanged. but the boomslang has caused fatalities where as the mangrove has only caused mass swelling. apart from that i cant find anymore information on either.

There are very little info on the Mangrove snakes around, but from what I have heard and read, I agree with you daredevil.
Well me not being an expert heres my 2 cents.
Should a Boomslang bite you, its usually to hospital for you and antivenom is a neccesity, if you want to see another day! mangrove, antivenom is usually not required(if at all?)
Boomslang is far more dangerous than Mangrove, in the sense a Boomslang on the ground so Friggin fast!! and hesitant to bite, as long as it has an escape route, when cornerd it is a nervous snake and will bite.
The reason why so little fatalities for the Boomslang is probably due to the fact of where their natural habitat occurs (dense Bush) and due to their shy and non confrontational temprement, but it could change in a second!
Peeps here have been living with Boomslang in their house rafters/roof for years, with no problems, and have not even come close to being bitten, its when you try and catch or kill them, that they bite.

Dont be fooled by their "slow acting venom" they have huge fangs for their head size

mangroves have huge fangs, but the toxicity is not as bad as Boomslang, you could get away with pain and swelling.

In my opinion, exotic snakes that could kill you do not belong in private collections, unless you have anti venom on hand.
Back to top Go down
Bogga
Yearling
Yearling

PostSubject: Re: Can your reptiles love you?   Can your reptiles love you? EmptyMon Mar 31, 2008 2:23 pm

BTW an untreated envenomation from a Boomslang will result in the worse kind of death, I mean, can you imagine bleeding to death from EVERY orifice??
Back to top Go down
Reptile Rescue Den
Admin
Admin
Reptile Rescue Den

PostSubject: Re: Can your reptiles love you?   Can your reptiles love you? EmptyMon Mar 31, 2008 3:24 pm

Thanks guys. that sounds bloody aweful! LOL Bad joke I know
Back to top Go down
Bogga
Yearling
Yearling

PostSubject: Re: Can your reptiles love you?   Can your reptiles love you? EmptyMon Mar 31, 2008 3:48 pm

Reptile Rescue Den wrote:
Thanks guys. that sounds bloody aweful! LOL Bad joke I know
Well, fortunately for us here, there is antivenom on the continent. So Denise, if an animal is on DWA you cannot keep it, and if its on DWA you cannot keep it?
Back to top Go down
daredevil6968
Egg
Egg
daredevil6968

PostSubject: Re: Can your reptiles love you?   Can your reptiles love you? EmptyMon Mar 31, 2008 8:46 pm

quick update on my mangrove snake. he doesnt love me. after handling him for 30 min i decided to put him back in his tank. he turned aggressive and stated to attack me luckily i had shut his tank sliding doors quick or i would have been sat at hospital waiting for anti-inflamitorie injection........lol i must be crazy but im being given a black and white mangrove snake on tuesday.
Back to top Go down
Reptile Rescue Den
Admin
Admin
Reptile Rescue Den

PostSubject: Re: Can your reptiles love you?   Can your reptiles love you? EmptyMon Mar 31, 2008 9:27 pm

Oh dear I do hope the other one is in a better mood lol. Is Manny not due to shed or something with the change in behaviour?
Back to top Go down
daredevil6968
Egg
Egg
daredevil6968

PostSubject: Re: Can your reptiles love you?   Can your reptiles love you? EmptyTue Apr 01, 2008 2:56 am

lol. i hope so too, he's cant be in shed cause he only shed mid february. he's also not eaten for 2 weeks. oh well. he's healthy. happy when left alone. i have had him out today but that was to clean him out and he was fine. i think i have a skitsophrenic snake......lol
Back to top Go down
Snakes Incorporated
Snakes Incorporated

Number of posts : 572
Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Can your reptiles love you?   Can your reptiles love you? EmptyThu Jun 12, 2008 6:40 pm

Reptiles do not have emotion so we are either food, threat or a thing in its way.
Back to top Go down
Reptile Rescue Den
Admin
Admin
Reptile Rescue Den

PostSubject: Re: Can your reptiles love you?   Can your reptiles love you? EmptySun Aug 03, 2008 5:26 pm

How do we know reptiles dont have emotions????
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can your reptiles love you?   Can your reptiles love you? Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next