Exotic Rescue Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Exotic Rescue Forum

Run By Reptile Rescuers - For Reptile Lovers!

HomeHome  Portal*  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Reptile Rescue DenReptile Rescue Den  

Rescue Centres Outside The UK

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Reptile Rescue Den
Admin
Admin
Reptile Rescue Den

Number of posts : 2711
Registration date : 2007-12-24

Rescue Centres Outside The UK Empty
PostSubject: Rescue Centres Outside The UK   Rescue Centres Outside The UK EmptyTue Dec 25, 2007 9:34 pm

I would be interested so hear from you and to hear how you do things across the pond. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.reptilerescueden.co.uk
caimanhunter
caimanhunter

Number of posts : 1036
Registration date : 2008-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Rescue Centres Outside The UK   Rescue Centres Outside The UK EmptyThu Jan 10, 2008 12:22 pm

We're pretty small. Word of mouth and web based. We don't advertise at all, except for in other forums and our web site. It's interesting that we've gotten calls from all over the US, one from Quebec, Canada, and from a Fish and Wildlife officer.

We've gone and picked them up and we've had them delivered. Mostly people claiming that the reptile is now too big for them to handle.

I always wonder why they neglected to consider that when they got the animal in the first place.

And it's interesting to see how big "too big" is to different people. "Too big" was 22 inches to one guy and 4'6" to another.

We check them for obvious diseases and tell tale signs of abuse. We quarantine them for a few days while we see if they're eating properly and getting around on their own. Then we integrate them into genpop.

I imagine it's pretty much the same everywhere.
Back to top Go down
http://www.caimanhunter.com
Reptile Rescue Den
Admin
Admin
Reptile Rescue Den

Number of posts : 2711
Registration date : 2007-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Rescue Centres Outside The UK   Rescue Centres Outside The UK EmptyThu Jan 10, 2008 2:35 pm

caimanhunter wrote:
We've gone and picked them up and we've had them delivered. Mostly people claiming that the reptile is now too big for them to handle.

I always wonder why they neglected to consider that when they got the animal in the first place.

And it's interesting to see how big "too big" is to different people. "Too big" was 22 inches to one guy and 4'6" to another.

Your right same kinda stories across the globe Shocked

Keep up the great work Bam Rescue Centres Outside The UK 3521
Back to top Go down
http://www.reptilerescueden.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rescue Centres Outside The UK   Rescue Centres Outside The UK Empty

Back to top Go down

Rescue Centres Outside The UK
Page 1 of 1